Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

WTB: GT2 bucket seatbelt receptacle

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 01:41 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default WTB: GT2 bucket seatbelt receptacle

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

Looking for a pair of GT2 extended seatbelt receptacles to use with Recaro SPG XL so I don't have to reach behind the seat to use my 3 point seat belt.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:42 PM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

If you don't find any, can you extend a set of "regular" seat belt receptacles using the Schroth "Rallye end" B23A end fitting kit to raise them up? It would be hidden between the seat and center tunnel and if it is strong enough to clip a snap-end lap belt harness, it seems like it would be strong enough for a 3 point belt connection? I am considering doing this because I have that exact same seat in my Boxster and it is tough to get the seat belt fastened. I have a flexible seat belt extender that clips into the receptacle and then the seat belt clips into that, but I don't really like it, although it works well. (I just got one that is too long and so the shoulder belt geometry isn't optimal)

I agree the extended OEM seat belt receptacles would be ideal, I hope you are able to find some.

Steve

Steve
Old 02-13-2016, 03:22 AM
chardonet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I recall, Suncoast had them available. Check with them to see if still in stock. Good luck on the search.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:20 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Thanks for the info guys, I'm still looking. Prefer not to pay 120 bucks each if someone has a used set laying around.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I had to bite the bullet.... :-( good luck finding used.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:16 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I had to bite the bullet.... :-( good luck finding used.
I'm getting close, it's annoying reaching around the back of the seat to use the stock 3 pt.

Which aftermarket seats did you use and did you get the GT2 or GT3 longer receptacle?
Old 03-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I did mine a little different. I have Pole position seats. My 3pt belt was originally attached to the seat riser. They are aluminum. I didn't like it.

So I had the 3pt belt buckle attached to the center tunnel with my harnesses. Bolted with a fatty bolt and a backing plate. That's strong :-)

But I needed a longer receptacle. I used the GT2 seat ones. Downside is they don't move with the seats. But for shorty me, they are fine. If you're taller, would be OK too. If shorter well it might be a reach around sort of thing (that sounds nasty)
Old 03-17-2016, 10:45 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I did mine a little different. I have Pole position seats. My 3pt belt was originally attached to the seat riser. They are aluminum. I didn't like it.

So I had the 3pt belt buckle attached to the center tunnel with my harnesses. Bolted with a fatty bolt and a backing plate. That's strong :-)

But I needed a longer receptacle. I used the GT2 seat ones. Downside is they don't move with the seats. But for shorty me, they are fine. If you're taller, would be OK too. If shorter well it might be a reach around sort of thing (that sounds nasty)
My stock receptacle is mounted to the center tunnel with my harness as well. It would be fine it it was a bit longer that's why I was trying to get the GT2 ones. I figured the longer stalk of the GT2 one would stick up higher and make it easier to clip the buckle in.

Right now with the stock height one the buckle is wedged between the center tunnel and the seat shell a bit depending on how far forward/back the seat is set.

Quick Reply: WTB: GT2 bucket seatbelt receptacle