Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Techart Sport Steering wheel (fits 997/987)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default FS: Techart Sport Steering wheel (fits 997/987)

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1300
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 987, 997
Location (Region): NorthWest
Item Condition: Used

For sale: Techart black leather sport steering wheel. Fits 987 and 997 cars with the triangle shaped airbag cover. It will NOT fit cars with the round airbag cover unless you buy a new triangle shaped cover and possibly also the airbag itself (I'm not sure if the airbags are the same or different for the round vs. triangular steering wheel hubs).

This came off of my 997.2 Carrera S. I wanted the multifunction wheel for safety reasons, but also wanted a sport wheel. Porsche doesn't make a sport multifunction wheel for the pre-2010 997 or 987, so this was the best solution.

The wheel is in perfect (albeit used) shape. No gouges or cuts in the leather, and the stitching is perfect. These are built on an OEM Porsche steering wheel so it will fit perfectly. I've attached three pics-- the first two are of my wheel, the third is a pic I've "borrowed" from a rennlist post showing what the wheel looks like when installed. Please notice that I had mine built without the Techart logo which is seen on this other pic which is normally at the bottom of the rim. I think it looks much more OEM without this logo.

If you haven't seen or touched one of these Techart wheels in person, they are pretty amazing. The craftsmanship is at least as good as the OEM wheels, and the rim diameter is MUCH thicker than the OEM wheels, both the standard and sport wheels. The diameter is wider at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions where you grip the wheel and is much more comfortable and sporty than the stock wheels. I loved this wheel and thought about trying to move it to my '11 GT3RS but I would have had to have bought a whole new airbag and cover and it wouldn't have matched the rest of that car's alcantara interior, so I'm selling it.

New from Techart: $2500.
Yours for $1300 plus shipping.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Laertes; 08-28-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Price lowered to $1300.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Bump.

Quick Reply: FS: Techart Sport Steering wheel (fits 997/987)