Panamera 2010-Current

First time Porsche/Panamera Owner: Questions on Garage Door Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 08:31 PM
custerdog
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First time Porsche/Panamera Owner: Questions on Garage Door Programmer

Just picked up a 2017 4S this week in NYC; the car is off the charts. Had a question though: how the hell do you program the garage door opener? The manual is completely worthless and the vidoes online are all for older models. It appears unlike prior Panameras, the touchscreen is used to set the buttons. Can anyone help? I'm lost.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don't you ask your salesman? Many salesmen will come to their cudtomer's homes and program it for them.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:33 AM
custerdog
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Incredibly, I figured it out without any help -- certainly not from the manual which is useless or even the videos posted by Homelink. Homelink's website provides videos on how to configure the garage door system in your car and even allows you to enter 2017 Panamera to get the exact video. Except the video is clearly not for the 2017 model. Two of my three garage doors I ultimately was able to configure while not leaving the driver's seat; the last one required me opening up the garage door box. I don't see why Porsche can't put up a bunch of videos on how to use the various systems, etc. in the car; the instruction manual could not be less helpful.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:14 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

So, how do you do it? I am expecting my car within a month or so, and if we prospective owners can benefit from your experience, that would be very helpful and a great use of the forum.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:42 PM
HD2pct
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fgv1it
So, how do you do it? I am expecting my car within a month or so, and if we prospective owners can benefit from your experience, that would be very helpful and a great use of the forum.

It depends on whether you have a dynamic code or the older static code opener. Follow the manual and also check out the "Good to Know" Porsche app. Grab it from iTunes. It has a video about this as well as many other common tasks. I think the manual is easier and more complete.

I totally agree that the dynamic code openers are indeed a bit weird (for every HomeLink system in a car-not just Porsche) with a bit of jumping back and forth into the car, but the instructions are complete.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Vincent Ho
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all check this out

Old 07-28-2017, 11:20 AM
molarman
Intermediate

I found with my older garage door openers I had to physically push the learn button on the opener itself. The button is red and behind one of the garage opener lights. You will need a step ladder to reach it.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:10 PM
KarolW
1st Gear

Hello, my dad has 2010 Panamera Turbo and he never really used this home link buttons. I tried to set them up for him but I fail at the very beginning since the red light near " I I " button doesn't work. What should I do to set this up?

Quick Reply: First time Porsche/Panamera Owner: Questions on Garage Door Programmer