Large Dog in the Rear Seats... Any Recs on Covers? - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Large Dog in the Rear Seats... Any Recs on Covers?

Old 03-18-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
nlpamg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Large Dog in the Rear Seats... Any Recs on Covers?

This little big guy is a six month old rapidly growing Newfie puppy. He's been riding shotgun in the 991, but he's growing so fast that a new Panamera is on order for him (its on a boat and will be here next month) so he can sit in the backseat. However, I've been given various recommendations on rear pet covers/hammocks (there are a number on Amazon), does anyone have a particular recommendation on one? Thanks!
Attached Images

nlpamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #2
Arm11
New User

Hi,
Check this one out - http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d...at_mats/347070

Since i have Bernese Mountain Dog 135lbs and he rides in the back of my Panamera, i use the one above and it's really nice, because it covers the doors too.

Good Luck
Arm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
fgv1it
User

I have the same situation - two dogs, 100 and 65 lbs. I don't have any experience with seat covers as such, as I have used regular blankets draped over the seats in other cars before. I am thinking about getting some covers for the Panamera when it arrives, though. I will post again if I do.
fgv1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #4
yurigagarin
User

i have two big dogs also lab and Rottweiler.
I had a car seat cover, it was too much work to put in on and off. The seats in my M5 and GTS have held up well, minus a lot of dog hair. I will let you know how the new panamera holds up to the dogs.
yurigagarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #5
MadScience
User

I have one of these that I use in a BMW wagon (started poking this forum considering a replacement for that car):

Amazon Amazon

Looks like that one is out of stock, but a number of mostly identical ones are available.

Our Briard, a bit smaller than a Newfie, but almost as much fur, spends about 8 hours a week back there, so it's seen lots of use. My SO repaired one of the straps after a chewing incident and now the side connection is looking a little torn. On the one hand I might try to find a higher quality one, on the other hand it's probably fine to replace it once a year, at those prices it's basically disposable.

I really like the fact that it forms a tub so anything dragged in by the dog remains in there and can be vacuumed out without going into all the seat crevices with a tool. I would not skip that feature.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #6
nlpamg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys!
nlpamg is offline   Reply With Quote