Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Delivery of 2017 Turbo in Leipzig tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 02:05 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Delivery of 2017 Turbo in Leipzig tomorrow!

So, I get to pickup tomorrow morning - very excited to spend some quality time with the Panamera at the factory and then adventures around Europe - cannot wait!

I'll try to take some photos of the factory (if possible) so you guys can see where these beasts are born.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:40 PM
halb
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Philip- It's a great experience that you'll never forget. I picked up my 2014 Pan in Leipzig December 2013. The factory is impressive and i remember how quiet it was inside. You can take photos around the property just not the assembly line. I would like to see the new body facility where the Macan and Pans are welded together. My car body was built by Volkswagen in Hannover and shipped to Leipzig. Enjoy the day !!
Old 04-19-2017, 03:15 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by philipatl
So, I get to pickup tomorrow morning - very excited to spend some quality time with the Panamera at the factory and then adventures around Europe - cannot wait!

I'll try to take some photos of the factory (if possible) so you guys can see where these beasts are born.
Have a brilliant time and yes, lots of photos would be much appreciated!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1
Old 04-20-2017, 05:47 PM
philipatl
Instructor

What a day!!

Here is a recap of my experience.

First, the hotel they put you up in in Leipzig is fantastic..

After arrival and introductions, they took us out on the track in cars similar to the ones that you were being delivered for approximately an hour. Some really good time to try out the car and learn. The track at Leipzig is very nice, with replicas of famous turns. Below, is the track and their re-creation of Laguna Seca's corkscrew.

A view from the track of the customer delivery center/museum/restaurant. All first class..

After the track, you get to go on the off-road course with Cayenne's and SUV's and see Porsche's wild horses (pretty cool!)

Delivery was amazing..a good hour spent going over the details of the car. Here is my new beast..

Next was the factory tour, which unfortunately we could not take photos. Ask away with questions though - the JIT model they use and the process was fascinating. 650 vehicles produced a day.

Finally was the museum tour and lunch.

I found this car interesting the in the museum (its a tub for a CGT which was produced at Leipzig).

Old 04-20-2017, 05:53 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Incidentally, the had several Panny Sport Turismo's on the assembly line that were interesting to look at. In bare form, from the rear they looked very much like Macan bodies.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Brilliant! Thank you for sharing! Your Panamera looks great! Enjoy the European driving. :-)
Old 04-20-2017, 06:45 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:40 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

panameras just look good in black

did you get jet black metallic or just black
Old 04-21-2017, 05:20 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome pictures and looks like a great experience.

my new hybrid has been delayed and in order to minimise that delay I've asked if I can pick up from the factory rather than wait for delivery but my dealer says that in order to pick up from Leipzig you have to declare your desire to do so before the car is ordered and you cannot request to do so once the order is in.

was that your experience? did you say from day 1 that you wanted to pick the car up or did you decide later down the line?
Old 04-21-2017, 03:50 PM
philipatl
Instructor

SillyGoose - this one is jet black metallic and the theme was black.. the sideskirts are painted, bottom of mirrors painted, the sport exhaust pipes are black and the rear lights are smoke black.

Thorfun - I ordered it and requested on day 1.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:22 PM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by philipatl
SillyGoose - this one is jet black metallic and the theme was black.. the sideskirts are painted, bottom of mirrors painted, the sport exhaust pipes are black and the rear lights are smoke black.

Thorfun - I ordered it and requested on day 1.
thanks for letting me know.

Enjoy the car. It looks amazing! I, at one point, went down the all black route but eventually decided i liked the contrast of the aluminium. All black does look amazing though!

Quick Reply: Delivery of 2017 Turbo in Leipzig tomorrow!