PPI - 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Big C
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PPI - 2011 Turbo

Hello,

I have been searching for a Panamera and today had an inspection of a non-local car at the current owner's dealership.

My research included reading through the archive of this forum where I noted a good suggestion to have the DME scan for number of launch control events.

I made this request prior to the inspection and was told that I would only be able to learn the number of times the car was red-lined.

Hmm.

The report included one incident of Range 1 ignitions (311), no Range 2. This is not really illuminating given the car is shifted with PDK and a rev limiter.

Does anyone have a DME printout which they would like to share which illustrates the ability to log total launch control events?

This is a private sale and the owner, PCA member, had already shared the service records which show no red flags so I was not surprised that the car was given a passing grade save for some cosmetics and the A/C is not blowing cold.

I will likely proceed to purchase the car once I have had a chance to drive and inspect but I would like to know the launch control info as part of my $500 invoice.

Thanks,
Colin
Old 12-31-2016, 07:17 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

I've been trying to get the specific tech details of where the Launch Control events are stored in the DME files. Apparently, it is stored very deep and most dealers will have no clue where to look using the PIWIS tester. As I have a Durametric, I called tech support to see if one, if a Durametric could read these events, (which I doubted) and two, if they knew where in the files it was stored. No luck there.

FWIW, on Renntech a member suggested that it was probably stored deep in the VAL file, so I will have to leave it up to the DME tuners on the forum to add to this.

Please PM me if you find a location. I am in the hunt for a 2011-2012 PTT.

TIA

Cheers,
Tom F
Old 01-03-2017, 02:14 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Bump. Anyone found where the launch control events are logged in the ECU?

Cheers,
TomF
Old 01-04-2017, 11:57 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

An update. A knowledgeable guy over on Renntech said that it is in "VAL under PDK actual values race start counter." He is going to test this when he has a car to do this with.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 01-05-2017, 02:04 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Durametric will not read the actual values from the PDK module, so PIWIS 3 sounds like the only possible way to read the values.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 01-25-2017, 11:21 AM
porches
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are measured values for launch control counts, in the PDK control unit like you mentioned. Easily found if you take the time to look at the VAL. Just checked on a 2016 GT3 RS and it even has a counter for how many times the clutch kick feature is performed. It can be found on PDK cars with Sport Plus, just so you guys are aware.

Quick Reply: PPI - 2011 Turbo