Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Anyone seen a new 2017 Panamera at their dealership yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 06:53 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brooksp85
Hey guys, I have just seen this Panamera here https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/...1119-mo-lease/ this deal looks amazing! What do you think?
Not sure why anyone would lease for 6 years..
Old 03-18-2017, 07:33 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Help! Has anyone had this problem?? I just changed my avatar picture to include my new Panamera and now the picture is upside down, even though the picture in my photo gallery on my Mac is right side up. I've tried turning the picture upside down in my gallery and then uploading it to Rennlist, but it still transfers up side down. I was also going to upload some other pics, but not until I get this issue resolved. I've never had this problem before.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:56 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by zelement
Those advertised leases are always misleading. I believe that's based on $88K msrp. I don't know what kind of 17 panamera you can get for $88k
+1. That looks like a base 2wd Panamera (non-S) with no options at all. Not sure if any customer would actually buy a car like that.
My car is only a Panamera 4, and I still added about £13,000 in options (UK). However the 1.9% interest rate looks attractive. Over here, the Porsche Centres charge around 5.7% APR for finance.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
+1. That looks like a base 2wd Panamera (non-S) with no options at all. Not sure if any customer would actually buy a car like that.
My car is only a Panamera 4, and I still added about £13,000 in options (UK).
Hi Wing Commander. I'm new to this forum and have a 4 e-hybrid on order (due for delivery at the end of May) and i am interested to know how you kept your options to only £13k!! i'm up to around £25k and still haven't ticked all the boxes I would like!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Hi thorfun. Are you UK or US based? Ha ha - yes, I know what you mean, but we have to stop somewhere! :-) Mine is a Panamera 4 (non-S) so I have added Carmine Red paint, all leather black interior, air suspension with PASM, rear axle steering with power steering plus, Sport Chrono, 21" 911 Turbo wheels, full colour wheel centres, rear seat heating and heated steering wheel.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:56 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Hi thorfun. Are you UK or US based? Ha ha - yes, I know what you mean, but we have to stop somewhere! :-) Mine is a Panamera 4 (non-S) so I have added Carmine Red paint, all leather black interior, air suspension with PASM, rear axle steering with power steering plus, Sport Chrono, 21" 911 Turbo wheels, full colour wheel centres, rear seat heating and heated steering wheel.
UK based. i also went for the rear axle steering (well...it's currently on there but that could all change). i look forward to hearing your views on it. i've added a lot of the "driver aids" for when i just want to cruise or I'm in a traffic jam. but to save duplication I'll add my spec to the https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...-on-order.html thread in response to your question there. seems the logical place to put it after all!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Old 03-23-2017, 04:26 PM
ascpcwiz
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Test drove one today. Beautiful car. Well thought out, but I think it takes a bit of getting used to. Removing manual buttons means selections are hidden in option menus. It wasn't very easy to just change the vent direction on the front air vent...old school way is sooooo much easier.

With that said, the replacement of the physical buttons with tactile feedback was nicely executed. You get a real button feel without sacrificing a real touch/feel. Instrument cluster is beautiful. Large clear infotainment is easy to use, and extremely responsive. Car drives like a coupe...not a sedan. Turbo lag was noticable. Other strange part, passenger side door was heavy to close. Not sure why, but my wife, and then the next set of drivers both had issues with it. Perhaps it was just with that car? Here are some pics.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:18 PM
XT6Wagon
Intermediate

I've heard that you really need to get the soft close as it was designed around pulling the door into the heavy seals instead of the typical firm shut.

Which if true, they should make it standard.

How did you like those rims in person? I'm not sure who approved the rims for the new panamera, but they all seem terrible choices. Decent looking and expensive and 21" with painted on tires. 19" boring with narrow tires,. 20" eye searing fugly in configurator.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

I've driven demo 4S and 4SD - no problem with closing doors on either car, neither of which had the soft close option.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:29 PM
ascpcwiz
7th Gear

Originally Posted by XT6Wagon
I've heard that you really need to get the soft close as it was designed around pulling the door into the heavy seals instead of the typical firm shut.

Which if true, they should make it standard.

How did you like those rims in person? I'm not sure who approved the rims for the new panamera, but they all seem terrible choices. Decent looking and expensive and 21" with painted on tires. 19" boring with narrow tires,. 20" eye searing fugly in configurator.
The wheels are awful. First thing I noticed. Unfortunately, with a car like that, you wheel design is critical to the curb appeal. 21's and painted would have been my preference. Even the wife asked why it had such "cheapo" rims on it.

With that said, I don't know how much bigger wheels would sacrifice ride comfort.

Oh, a few more interesting points. I thought all the 4s had a display in the back for passengers as well, maybe I'm mistaken, hadn't ran the configurator in a while. Lastly, the salesguy told me the Panny would be sold with a bench option for MY18. This was unsolicited, never told him how many people are in the family or need fori it. But I'm nott sure if anyone has any intel into this. I have a second kid coming, and grandma moved in, so 5 seater is optimal.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:35 PM
XT6Wagon
Intermediate

only bench I know of for sure is the 4+1 for the sport turismo, but maybe they will use that to up sell the power rear seats in the lower tier cars or cut costs for those that don't pay more. Porsche has been pretty slow to get accurate info into the US site and configurator for 2017, who knows whats up for next year.

I'd like 19" myself as my GT350 has survived events that would have ended lesser rims and anything with shorter sidewalls. I think the Panamera uses taller tires so 20" is about the same sidewall, but its a luxury car so a little more sidewall sounds good to me.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:58 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

The soft close doors were a part of the Premium Package Plus. They work great. When my dealer came back from the Panamera dealer training in California in December, he told me that I would be happy that I had ordered the soft close doors because he said without it, the doors were really difficult to shut. Maybe they are initially stiff and will loosen up with age?

Like many of the comments above, I did not like the look of any of the 19" or 20" wheels and therefor ordered the 21" 911 Turbo Design wheels. I also added all season tires to go with the all wheel drive, since this is my every day driver. I will say that the tires are fairly quiet and the side walls are not as thin as I was expecting. Although, I will still have to be careful.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:18 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Sfy1505, what is your impression of the engine response, particularly the turbo lag? I've heard conflicting comments about turbo lag, from non-existent, to "noticeable", as ascpcwiz mentions above. Now that you've driven your car for more than a week, what can you tell us? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:46 PM
ascpcwiz
7th Gear

Originally Posted by fgv1it
Sfy1505, what is your impression of the engine response, particularly the turbo lag? I've heard conflicting comments about turbo lag, from non-existent, to "noticeable", as ascpcwiz mentions above. Now that you've driven your car for more than a week, what can you tell us? Thanks in advance.
Yeah, I'd be interested in knowing this as well. When I say "noticable" I mean it was VERY noticable. In all honesty, this is my first time ever driving a Porsche. I've driven a lot of cars, including supercars, hypercars, etc. Very use to driving cars with turbos. Wasn't expecting to have so much lag here, so I'd be interested in understanding if this is unique to this car.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen a new 2017 Panamera at their dealership yet?