Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

2017 Panamera Turbo options -- need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adaptive cruise control is by far the feature that I have been most pleasantly surprised with - I use it whenever I can and I would definitely order it on future cars. It is kind of like heated seats for me - I thought they were stupid/useless until I tried them. Now they are another must have. ventilated seats on the PTT are another nice option.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:27 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Preeble
Adaptive cruise control is by far the feature that I have been most pleasantly surprised with - I use it whenever I can .
Isn't the purpose of adaptive cruise to use it where you can't use cruise, i.e. 20-40mph stop and go traffic, set adaptive cruise, foot off the pedals and car will follow traffic, just keep one hand on steering??
No??
I though adative cruise is the crawling before walking in relation to self driving car. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You can obviously do the same at 70mph.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adaptive Cruise, +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you use it once you will find a place for it even if you only use it in high traffic areas.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:54 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Get the Sport Package. It will save you $440 off getting the sport exhaust and the Sport Chrono package seperately and you get 4-wheel steering for free.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 01-20-2017, 11:56 AM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAmes
Re: audio, I listen to all kinds of music, as well as talk radio. Guessing that for my purposes the base Bose system might be good enough, but I'll keep an open mind about the Burmester system. This seems like a good option to check out in person at a dealership.
If you evaluate Bose vs. Burmester, do so with a higher-quality-than-radio source (i.e. pandora or CD or something). I have Burmester and when i'm just playing the radio it doesn't make me think "this is worth $5000" BUT when I hook up pandora or youtube over bluetooth from my iphone it really rocks. comments i've gotten:

1. "That is the best sound system I've ever heard. Not just in a car. Ever."
2. "Wow, I heard nuances in Kurt Cobain's voice that I've never heard before."
3. "This is badass."

Do I crank the music to 11 all day every day? No, and you don't need to in order to enjoy it. The quality of sound that comes through is really phenomenal. It's like being at a symphony.

Highly recommend it.

Quick Reply: 2017 Panamera Turbo options -- need advice