Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Making a decision to buy very soon.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 04:23 PM
DJORDJ
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a decision to buy very soon.

Hi all,

Proud owner of a Cayenne Turbo S with my eyes on purchasing a Panamera Turbo within a few months. I was literally minutes from driving home in an beautiful 911 Turbo when my wife called to tell me we had a baby on the way, (what luck lol). Soooo I started researching which vehicles would suit my needs best, and after 2 months of research, reading posts, watching videos, skimming through tons of chatter I finally came to the conclusion and decided to go with a Panamera Turbo ( for the baby not me ) lol.

I really love the Cayenne we have, and it's been nothing but good to us in the time we have owned it, I figured why not stay with the Porsche family. I looked at BMW, Mercedes, Audi... even though the S65 and RS7 pack more of a punch than the panamera does, overall I think the usability and driving experience will be much more rewarding in the Panamera. Besides my wife needs to be able to drive it too! Lol.

This car would be amazing as a coupe and renaming it 928 ..... hint hint.

Have a great day.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Jafetica888
Advanced

Dude,

911 are great for kids up to about 6-8, take the 911TT for a few years 😊.
I switched from 911 to Panamera when junior turned 11, till then the backseat kind of worked...
Old 11-28-2016, 07:33 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrads! I traded my 911 and wanted to go home in a Cayenne. The wife extended my budget and I came back with the Pana 4... 13K now with not one issue.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:28 AM
DJORDJ
5th Gear

Originally Posted by cerbomark
Congrads! I traded my 911 and wanted to go home in a Cayenne. The wife extended my budget and I came back with the Pana 4... 13K now with not one issue.

Thank you, NICE!! does it handle and drive like the reviews say they do?
Old 11-29-2016, 08:59 AM
cerbomark
Racer

Yes it does. I ve had MB s before too but the Pana really feels like a Porsche... Post up what you get.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:04 AM
DJORDJ
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Jafetica888
Dude,

911 are great for kids up to about 6-8, take the 911TT for a few years 😊.
I switched from 911 to Panamera when junior turned 11, till then the backseat kind of worked...
Originally Posted by cerbomark
Yes it does. I ve had MB s before too but the Pana really feels like a Porsche... Post up what you get.

most definitely will
Old 11-30-2016, 03:00 AM
TxHoon
Advanced

I really likes the S7 until I sat in the back of it and realised that the roof killed the head room. Also, even the RS7 has crap suspension and has way too much body roll in the corners. The Panamera with PASM rides better in normal mode and sport, sport+.

I would at least spring for the S model.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:14 AM
DJORDJ
5th Gear

Originally Posted by TxHoon
I really likes the S7 until I sat in the back of it and realised that the roof killed the head room. Also, even the RS7 has crap suspension and has way too much body roll in the corners. The Panamera with PASM rides better in normal mode and sport, sport+.

I would at least spring for the S model.
Thanks for the help, I've noticed that as well in the reviews I have read and watched. There is a great vs between the panamera and RS7 on YouTube. That's basically the same thing that was said about RS7 except the head room part.

thank you for your input and help .

I do have a question about the PDK, has anyone had any problems with their transmission? I understand the wet clutch type transmission is great and keeps the twin clutch plates cool, it is also a faster shift and allows for some clutch slip to occur with minimum wear on the clutches, and it is capable of holding a lot of power,
not that I plan on launching the car but from what I have seen and heard the transmission can withstand 3,999 launches lol.
But have any of you had to replace the clutches yet? If so how after how many miles?
I know driving style and conditions make it in-predictable but just curious to see how the clutches hold up through various owners.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:21 AM
cerbomark
Racer

PDK arrived in 2009 in the 911 s as well. They seems solid unless you read about a few that have gone bad. Then big bucks to swap out. I don t think I ve yet read about one wearing out. There have also been post about brand new ones not working right. Wouldn t own a PDK without a warranty. It is the best auto trans I ve ever driven and makes the Pana feel like a sports cars despite it s size.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:58 PM
pavster
Instructor

We have an A7 as a family car and I've test driven a number of Panameras. The A7 is a much better car for the money especially base to base. Trunk is about 2x the size. Engine feels way more willing (just tested a 15 Panamera 4 and it felt SLOW coming out of the A7). A7 and its variants are rock solid reliable, and the 3.0T specifically is one of the best engines Audi has built; the torque off the line is fantastic.

Definitely test drive the Audi before making final decision.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:55 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by pavster
We have an A7 as a family car and I've test driven a number of Panameras. The A7 is a much better car for the money especially base to base. Trunk is about 2x the size. Engine feels way more willing (just tested a 15 Panamera 4 and it felt SLOW coming out of the A7). A7 and its variants are rock solid reliable, and the 3.0T specifically is one of the best engines Audi has built; the torque off the line is fantastic.

Definitely test drive the Audi before making final decision.
I had an A7 before - the 3.0T Super-Charged engine is very responsive and definitely under-rated. The A7 felt (and was) faster than the Macan S, even though both weight the same and the Macan S technically had more HP.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Jafetica888
Advanced

Originally Posted by pavster
We have an A7 as a family car and I've test driven a number of Panameras. The A7 is a much better car for the money especially base to base. Trunk is about 2x the size. Engine feels way more willing (just tested a 15 Panamera 4 and it felt SLOW coming out of the A7). A7 and its variants are rock solid reliable, and the 3.0T specifically is one of the best engines Audi has built; the torque off the line is fantastic. Definitely test drive the Audi before making final decision.
Great car, beautiful and drives great.
The intangible is the feel that comes with owning a Porsche...

Quick Reply: Making a decision to buy very soon.