Detroit313
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AudivsPorsche

New to Porsche
Currently driving 2012 Audi a8l
Looking for used panamera 2011-2013
V6orV8 really dosent matter

I just need to know if you guys have any concerns or pointers how are the service charges on this car?parts?oil change?

Any feedback will help me 😊
THANK YOU
Old 11-27-2016, 12:09 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try to find a CPO low mileage '13 or preferably a '14 or later. Regular maintenance costs not much different from Audi A8.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:55 PM
Just A GTS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just recently made the switch from an Audi to a Porsche. It's a little over a month now.

I used to do a lot of DIY maintenance on my Audis (had 3 in a span of a decade). There was a lot more information and DIY guides to follow. Even though there are some for the Panameras I'd say there is very little information out there to follow as most people get their cars here fixed or maintained at the dealership.

Just actually got an oil change done and watched the whole process, though not much different from most cars its a little bit more involved and cost a bit more. Even though I have the proper tools at home I wouldn't dare to go under the car but I guess you can utilize an oil extractor. Seems like brakes are the same way but more work because of the two piece rotors, again more expensive but there are other options out there. Even just the air filter needs more time as you need to take off the bumper and the piece is huge is at least double if not triple the cost of any Audi air filters.

I would say parts are definitely more expensive on the Porsche compared to my Audis and it seems like my DIY days are far gone also due to me not having time because of my first born son.

Overall I wouldn't change my decision of upgrading. The Panamera is a different beast and an upgrade from an Audi IMO. Good luck sir!
Old 12-03-2016, 05:11 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Just a point of clarification regarding oil extractors...this is not a good idea on any Porsche, especially with a complicated V8 like the Panemera and Cayenne each have. With an extractor, you will never get out all the oil from the bottom of the pan and other critical areas and you risk leaving contaminants in the oil. My buddy from the factory shared this with me and I strongly believe it has merit.

Cheers,
TomF

Quick Reply: AudivsPorsche