Phone not available

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 02:37 AM
emilmajkowski
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone not available

Hello,

I bought Panamera 4 from 2011 with PCM module. I can play music via bluetooth without any problems. However, when I click "Phone" button I see a message "Phone not available".
It seems to be a bit odd because my PCM has a bluetooth module. It has also a SIM card slot and buttons on the steering wheel.

Could you please advice how to check what is wrong? Do I need an additional module even though I have bluetooth in my PCM?

Thank you
Emil
Old 08-29-2016, 02:37 PM
emilmajkowski
3rd Gear

Anyone can help me?
Old 08-29-2016, 03:31 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Have you "paired" the telephone with the PCM? I note that you say that you can play music through Bluetooth, but the message "phone not available" is normally associated with a PCM unit without telephone module, or a PCM unit with no phones "paired" or "registered" with it. Please note that all PCM's have a SIM card slot, but not all have the telephone module. The PCM,Telephone Module, and Bluetooth system are all different things, and it is possible to have a PCM without a telephone module. In that case, you will get the message "phone not available". In any case, you should still be able to use the Bluetooth connection with a smartphone to make and receive phone calls. Look in the owner's manual under "Bluetooth Pairing" or something similar, and see if that procedure works. Note that you must have a smartphone that is compatible with the PCM. Confusing, I know. In any case, good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:36 AM
emilmajkowski
3rd Gear

This is really wired. I pair my phone with Aux via bluetooth but when I click "Phone" button I see a message "Phone not available". Maybe I need to put SIM card into the sim slot? I called Porsche service but they were not able to tell me what is wrong...
Old 10-17-2016, 04:39 AM
estanger
4th Gear

Default resolved? "Phone not Available"

Hi Emil, did you resolve this? I have the same issue on my 2010 Cayenne
Old 02-02-2020, 07:33 PM
Tay Dan
AutoX

Hi. I have the same problem on my 2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. When I press the phone I get the message NO PHONE AVAILABLE, but I have the phone buttons on my PCM and the steering wheel plus the **** for the sim card. I installed a sim card but nothing happened.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:54 AM
techana
1st Gear

My phone was connecting and working fine with my panamera. I got the car into a workshop for some maintenance, and after I get it out I discovered the phone does not connect. I can play music over bluetooth, but the phone does not connect. The mechanic refused to admit it's his fault and said he worked on mechanical parts only and never touched any electronics in the car. I don't know how to solve this issue now. Any help please?
Old 03-22-2021, 05:01 PM
Paul Owers
1st Gear

Originally Posted by techana
My phone was connecting and working fine with my panamera. I got the car into a workshop for some maintenance, and after I get it out I discovered the phone does not connect. I can play music over bluetooth, but the phone does not connect. The mechanic refused to admit it's his fault and said he worked on mechanical parts only and never touched any electronics in the car. I don't know how to solve this issue now. Any help please?
Did you get an answer to this as I’ve encountered the same problem although there’s been no other interactions with my car so suspect the unit has encountered something. The only additional thing I have done is pair a 2nd iPhone so my partner could benefit from the Mr12Volt Bluetooth Audio and Hands free Phone use in the car.

Old 05-08-2021, 07:50 PM
Atlas_Shrugz
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like you don't have the phone module on your PCM or the module is defective. I have the same issue with my 2010 Panamera Turbo. I had the PCM replaced before purchase due to the reset issue. I suspect they put a cheap PCM that doesn't have the phone, navigation, or xm radio. I ran diagnostics on mine with iCarSoft and it said the modules were not installed.
Old 11-25-2023, 06:32 PM
Fezno
1st Gear

Default I know what’s the problem… sounds like a joke

i have the same issue in my 2012 cayenne, i’ve called the dealer to ask what’s the problem with it and they said that at the time the phone package was an optional so in this version they just didn’t put the microphone. I’ve also asked them how much it would cost and they replied around 1200 euros… is there anyone who knows if it is possible to buy the microphone apart and install it for cheaper?

Quick Reply: Phone not available