Panamera 2010-Current

key settings for two drivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 09:50 PM
jay-leon
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key settings for two drivers

I have a 2016 PGTS. My wife and I drive together and we usually have our key fobs with us. The car seems to get confused between them and I wonder if anyone hows if it is possible to have two completely separate settings and where the key fobs have to be placed so that the car knows who the driver is.
It's very confusing.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:05 AM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Wrap the one that isn't the driver in several layers of aluminum foil.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:51 AM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

If the two keyfobs are within reach, I believe the system defaults to the last keyfob that was used as the "driver", whichever that is (i.e. the last time that only one keyfob was close to the car). The best option in this situation is to use the buttons labeled "1" and "2" on the memory controls on the driver's door, and permanently store the settings for you and your wife in them.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:12 PM
jay-leon
8th Gear

i will try the aluminum foil method for sure. I think that the system would not let me start the car
after my wife drove it until I got out of the car, locked it, and then entered with my key. From what I understand the memory in the car does not store as many settings as the memory in the key, so that could present a problem. However, I am hoping the aluminum foil does the trick. Thanks so much.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:50 AM
pedgett
AutoX

I have the same problem with my BMW. If we are changing drivers, I use the key to lock and then unlock the car before my wife is in range.

On our PGTS we only carry her key and I use the button on the door when it is my turn. She is the primary driver.

Quick Reply: key settings for two drivers