Panamera 2010-Current

Wait for New Panamera GTS or Get a '16

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 11:12 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait for New Panamera GTS or Get a '16

Hi all. I was dead-set on buying an X5M, but after going to two different dealers, long story short, I stormed out after having extremely unpleasant experiences. Nevertheless, I went right from the BMW dealer to Porsche and was welcomed warmly. I drove a 2016 Panamera GTS today and absolutely loved it: the acceleration, that ungodly exhaust burble and pop, and the wonderful handling for a relatively large sedan. I feel as if I'm convincing myself to get a '16 (though I am a few months away), but I can't help but think about what the next GTS will bring. Though we probably won't see it in its naturally aspirated form (which is a big selling point for me), do you all think it's worth the wait? Though I'm sure there will be some pretty sweet deals on 16s considering the imminent launch of the new Panamera. I'm sure both would be wonderful, but I just cannot decide. Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2016, 11:45 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts

It may be two years before you see the next GTS.
The next GTS may not be NA.
You should be able to a get a good deal on a '16 model in stock as folks wait and want the new model.
Life is short and there are no garuantees.

I'd say you in the sweet spot for getting a great car at a great price.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:21 AM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
It may be two years before you see the next GTS.
The next GTS may not be NA.
You should be able to a get a good deal on a '16 model in stock as folks wait and want the new model.
Life is short and there are no garuantees.

I'd say you in the sweet spot for getting a great car at a great price.
Thanks for the advice Fred, I'm leaning toward a '16 at the moment. How do you like yours and how'd you spec it?
Old 08-03-2016, 01:16 AM
balazskontes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by burningpetrol
Thanks for the advice Fred, I'm leaning toward a '16 at the moment. How do you like yours and how'd you spec it?
I drive a '15 GTS, and absolutely love it! You just can't go wrong for all of the reasons that you previously stated. In my humble opinion, the NA V8 is the last true Porsche-designed engine which is NA. Who knows, it may even become a collectible since there aren't too many out there. Mine is pretty loaded as it is, however, if I had the choice I would have perhaps ordered the acoustic/thermal glasses and PDCC. But, the car is truly amazing without these options as well! No regrets whatsoever!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by burningpetrol
I didn't spec my car. I purchased it from the dealer's stock in early Nov. 2015. At the time he had a '15 and a 16' in stock. I got a very good deal on the '15.
here is the spec.

This is the best built Porsche I've ever owned. Despite its somewhat lumpy look from the rear, I've gotten more positive comments from strangers than with any Porsche I've owned. It's a great highway cruiser and comfortable with four adults aboard. The only drawback is rearward visibity. So the blind spot warning and the rear view camera options are essential.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2015 Porsche Panamera GTS.pdf (50.4 KB, 171 views)
Old 08-03-2016, 12:14 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by balazskontes
I drive a '15 GTS, and absolutely love it! You just can't go wrong for all of the reasons that you previously stated. In my humble opinion, the NA V8 is the last true Porsche-designed engine which is NA. Who knows, it may even become a collectible since there aren't too many out there. Mine is pretty loaded as it is, however, if I had the choice I would have perhaps ordered the acoustic/thermal glasses and PDCC. But, the car is truly amazing without these options as well! No regrets whatsoever!
Thanks! I'm glad you like yours! I agree completely. It probably has the best sound out of anything I've driven including my M6, which has a notoriously menacing sound IMO. Never really considered the collectability factor, but I suppose it could be considering we're in the age of forced induction and downsizing!
Old 08-03-2016, 12:17 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
I didn't spec my car. I purchased it from the dealer's stock in early Nov. 2015. At the time he had a '15 and a 16' in stock. I got a very good deal on the '15.
here is the spec.

This is the best built Porsche I've ever owned. Despite its somewhat lumpy look from the rear, I've gotten more positive comments from strangers than with any Porsche I've owned. It's a great highway cruiser and comfortable with four adults aboard. The only drawback is rearward visibity. So the blind spot warning and the rear view camera options are essential.
Looks like an awesome spec! I think they look great. Especially around me, where 911s run rampant, the Panamera really stands out more from my point of view. Glad you enjoy yours! Yep, only complaint I had was the visibility but it was equipped with the rear camera so no problem there!
Old 08-04-2016, 02:50 AM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Get the '16. It may be the last of the NA V8 breed.
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2016, 08:00 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

If you are someone who isn't worried about having the latest/greatest newest version of everything then get the 2016 GTS-- no doubt it's the last NA V8. It sounds so awesome!
Old 08-04-2016, 11:59 AM
balazskontes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DES GTS
I'm 99% sure that it is the last NA V8.

Gorgeous GTS!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 12:19 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by DES GTS
Thanks, I think I just might, but I'm still a couple months out. Beautiful example you have there. If I come across a silver like that I will definitely scoop it up, esp. with the gorgeous black sport wheels
Old 08-04-2016, 12:27 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by disden
If you are someone who isn't worried about having the latest/greatest newest version of everything then get the 2016 GTS-- no doubt it's the last NA V8. It sounds so awesome!
thanks disden, ironically I am mostly analog; a traditionalist when it comes to cars but I always have to have the latest iPhone, Mac, etc. because I'm really into new technology. Have to make sure that type of thinking doesn't seep into car-buying! I may even end up waiting to scoop up a second hand NA version if I'm not crazy about the new, but I really want to see how the newly announced Panamera drives.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:34 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

By the way guys, here's the one I drove a couple of days ago if anyone's interested... no affiliation of course: http://www.fredlaverycompany.com/new...87b1fd76d4.htm
Old 08-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Skidmarkz
Intermediate

Is Porsche still taking any orders for '16 Panameras? Or has their production line for Panameras completely switched over to '17's?
Old 08-04-2016, 03:52 PM
irv09
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The 17 should start when production resumes after the summer holiday

Quick Reply: Wait for New Panamera GTS or Get a '16