Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Wait for New Panamera GTS or Get a '16

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:09 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 564 Posts

We love our 15 P-GTS. It makes the BEST sounds!
It also gets a crazy amount of attention which is very surprising.

Maybe not a beauty queen but when they took the "hump" out in 2015 - IMO the looks improved 100%. The new design will be a looker, but will lack the NA V8 which is awesome.
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2016, 06:06 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skidmarkz
Is Porsche still taking any orders for '16 Panameras? Or has their production line for Panameras completely switched over to '17's?
Not exactly sure, think they are just fulfilling deals on the ones left on the lots, but I suppose I could look into it.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:08 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
We love our 15 P-GTS. It makes the BEST sounds!
It also gets a crazy amount of attention which is very surprising.

Maybe not a beauty queen but when they took the "hump" out in 2015 - IMO the looks improved 100%. The new design will be a looker, but will lack the NA V8 which is awesome.
Thanks for sharing. Massive fan of that color by the way! I agree, the '14+ looks miles better IMO
Old 08-05-2016, 05:18 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default +1

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
I didn't spec my car. I purchased it from the dealer's stock in early Nov. 2015. At the time he had a '15 and a 16' in stock. I got a very good deal on the '15.
here is the spec.

This is the best built Porsche I've ever owned. Despite its somewhat lumpy look from the rear, I've gotten more positive comments from strangers than with any Porsche I've owned. It's a great highway cruiser and comfortable with four adults aboard. The only drawback is rearward visibity. So the blind spot warning and the rear view camera options are essential.
Absolutely the best Porsche for me. Many more positive comments on the PGTS than on my '15 991 TTS.

I figured that the G2 PGTS is at least a couple of years away. I believe that it will be NA, although if not the '16 PGTS will be more distinctive than it already is.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:56 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Approaching 80K miles on my 2013 GTS, and agree with Fred - best built car I've ever had. Still drives and looks like new. I've driven the 2017 Panamera 4 for a weekend, and I am not excited about the upcoming GTS. The interior is just cheap and very badly functional (the GTS won't be able to correct the console, radio control, screen controls and incredibly cheap looking dashboard clock).

Saddest to say, there is a reasonable possibility that the new GTS will be a turbo 6 - just a bigger boost version of the 4S. This alone is reason to go with the current V8 version. The exhaust note on this car is one of the best I've ever heard on a street car.

Get the 2016!!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:20 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by umwolverine
Approaching 80K miles on my 2013 GTS, and agree with Fred - best built car I've ever had. Still drives and looks like new. I've driven the 2017 Panamera 4 for a weekend, and I am not excited about the upcoming GTS. The interior is just cheap and very badly functional (the GTS won't be able to correct the console, radio control, screen controls and incredibly cheap looking dashboard clock).

Saddest to say, there is a reasonable possibility that the new GTS will be a turbo 6 - just a bigger boost version of the 4S. This alone is reason to go with the current V8 version. The exhaust note on this car is one of the best I've ever heard on a street car.

Get the 2016!!
When will the GTS be announced?
Old 06-30-2017, 11:35 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by umwolverine

Get the 2016!!
Thanks for the reply. I actually forgot about this thread!

Ended up getting a very low mileage Turbo with nearly every option. Just loving it. Build quality is exceptional. Still boggles my mind that something with such mass is able to take the corners as well as it does.

But I agree. Highly doubt the new GTS will be anything other than a 6. I do not have very much interest on paper, but perhaps they will be worth a look when they hit the dealers. I looked at a 2017 Turbo at my local dealer last weekend ($205K sticker, nearly all boxes ticked) and I must say, despite the new design, I don't think it boasts enough for an upgrade over mine. Regardless, I must show restraint to make room for other toys!

Glad you are enjoying yours! I wish you another happy 80k miles.

Quick Reply: Wait for New Panamera GTS or Get a '16