Panamera 2010-Current

RANT!!! frustrated beyond belief 2011 Panamera 4S

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 06:27 PM
jason_87924s
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy RANT!!! frustrated beyond belief 2011 Panamera 4S

Let me start by saying I absolutely love this car! I purchased it CPO 51k miles 1/18/16.

I took the car back to the dealer (1/23/16) because the driver seat had a rock forward and back when braking and accelerating. They determined the lower seat frame needed to be replaced. They ordered the part. 3 weeks later I am told the part is in and bring my car back. I dropped the car at the dealer the morning of 2/17/16. They sent me off with a 2016 Cayenne Diesel (which I hate because of a major dash vibration at 1200 RPMs).

I get no call from service that day. Thursday afternoon I called the service advisor 2x, left VMs. Friday morning I call ticked off that they have now had my car 48 hours and no call back. I mean come on...you are changing a seat frame for crying out loud! I left a VM again and then sent a text to my salesman. He responded right away and the service advisor called me 15 mins later. He was all apologetic...the seat requires special tools to remove the bezel...they can't find theirs, do you mind if I send it to an upholstery shop down the road? I said do whatever to ensure it is fixed right. Friday (2/19/16) afternoon I call service again and leave a VM. Service advisor calls me back and says they need to keep the car over the weekend sorry for the inconvenience...blah...blah..blah.

Monday morning the service advisor is proactive and calls me this time to tell me they have the seat back and they will reinstall it and test it out etc. They call me Monday evening and say the car will be ready Tuesday (2/23) before noon. I call Tuesday at noon, no answer...leave VM. 2 hours later I get a call back from service advisor. He says we reinstalled the seat and have a problem. It only goes back and forth and up and down. The memory functions don't work either. We have placed a call to PCNA. The rest of Tuesday wastes away...

This morning (2/24)the service Director for both the Porsche and Maserati service calls me all apologetic. He tells me the same story the guy told me yesterday...waiting on PCNA, etc. About 30 mins ago I get a call from the Porsche service advisor. PCNA says we ordered the incorrect seat frame. The one we have is for the Sport seat and my seat is comfort. They go to the service department and bring up their system to find that the sport and comfort seat frames have been super seeded by another part number....wait for it...the part number that has super seeded is the one they just finished installing in my car and does not work.

Now here I am...5 weeks of ownership and the last week of it without even having my car. The dealer is going back to PCNA again and telling them what they have found.

Could someone please give me a suggestion what I should do to escalate this matter? I am at my whits end with this...

Thank you for listening to my rant.

-Jason
Old 02-24-2016, 08:52 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

First I'd ask them if they have any 2015 or 2016 Panamera Loaners for you to drive since you hate the Cayenne.. That should make the wait a little more bearable.. Then speak to PCNA about some type of free service/compensation for your troubles..
Old 02-24-2016, 09:01 PM
ezdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your frustration is understandable. I'd ask to speak to the GM at that dealership. If they refuse, then call PNA rep and followup with a letter. Tell them to give you a loaner on par with your Panamera and accept no less.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:08 PM
jason_87924s
Instructor

Heard back from the dealer. they have to replace the seat motor and control module for the seat. Parts are coming from Germany. They will not be here until Monday eve / Tuesday morning. They need 5-7 hours to tear down the seat AGAIN and install the parts. I will :fingers crossed: get my car back on Wednesday next week. This will officially make the seat frame replacement on my car take 2 full weeks...

It is going to be like getting a new car all over again.

Dealer only has Cayenne's for loaner vehicles and will be bringing me another one tomorrow morning.

I am going to call PCNA and pitch a fit too.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts

May I suggest dialing it back of few notches from "pitching a fit" when you speak with PCNA. I've been on the receiving end from unhappy customers and I can confirm that a cool, calm, logical expression of your frustration and dissatisfaction gets a better response than "pitching a fit".

Good luck,
Old 03-02-2016, 03:33 PM
jason_87924s
Instructor

I got my car back today and am happy to say it is fixed! 15 days later all be it, but fixed none the less.

Porsche engineering learned a lot too

Oh how I missed the 4S...so much better than base model Cayenne's
Old 09-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Yep out of warranty car is 7 yrs old but only 7k mi ... I will attach my durametric to see if there are any fault codes...

I would love for the community to figure out the OEM weakness to enable us to dDIY a fix!

Quick Reply: RANT!!! frustrated beyond belief 2011 Panamera 4S