Panamera 2010-Current

Emergency trunk release???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 11:01 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergency trunk release???

Does the panamera have a emergency trunk release as other 997/996 models did?
If so where is it located.
I have tried everything else, battery jump etc but the car does not do anything, no power whatsoever.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:50 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 944/951guy
I have tried everything else, battery jump etc but the car does not do anything, no power whatsoever.
It does. It's explained in the owners manual. (I have a MY15) Open the trunk, pop the light on the left and pull the string/handle.

There are more details obviously in the manual and there are drawings.

P.S. I hope you're not stuck in there...
Old 01-12-2019, 02:09 AM
khansohailkhan.k
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 944/951guy
Hi - can you please let me know how did you fix this. I have got the same issue and car wont do anything at all when I turn on the switch.
When I try to open the tailgate/hatch/trunk, it makes a beeping noise. I pulled the back seats down to keep some extra baggage and it all started after that. Not sure if it was because of pulling the back seats down.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:00 AM
khansohailkhan.k
4th Gear

Guys, I would appreciate if someone can please assist here.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:08 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

What model do you have?

this should work for the 970.1 & 970.2

Emergency operation of tailgate

If the tailgate still cannot be opened (e.g. if the vehicle battery is discharged), the emergency operation must be performed:

Fold the rear seat backrests forward.
Please see the chapter “FOLDING REAR SEATS FORWARD AND RETURNING TO UPRIGHT POSITION”.
Enter into the luggage compartment via the folded-down rear seats.
Unclip the light A on the inside of the tailgate (on left in direction of travel).
The release cable for opening the tailgate is located in the trim above the light.
Unclip the emergency release cable from the bracket B and pull in direction of arrow.
You will hear an unlocking noise. The tailgate can then be opened by hand.
Clip the emergency release cable in the bracket and then clip in the light.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:25 PM
khansohailkhan.k
4th Gear

Thanks for the swift response.

I managed to open the trunk but the car is not getting any power when I turn on the ignition switch. I have tried the new battery also but no success
Old 01-14-2019, 06:14 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Have you checked the fuses? could possibly be a bad fuse or even a relay.
If the fuses are good you'll need to check to see if the lift motors are getting power, if not, it would point towards a bad relay, if they are then probably a bad motor.

I take it everything else is working correctly and the car runs fine?
Old 01-15-2019, 03:42 AM
khansohailkhan.k
4th Gear

Hi again..

No, it doesn't run at all. There is no power at all when I twist the ignition key, it just does nothing at all. The stereo and settings menu on the screen are working. Even you can change the gear to neutral easily.

I took it to the local Porsche dealer, they are asking USD 1,200 just to check it further. I have dropped it to another local well known workshop and they will diagnose what is the problem. Earlier the trunk/tailgate was not opening, the dealer opened it and check the battery is fine, even they tried the new battery as well. My concern now is to towing from one place to another will not break anything else.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:20 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Ouch, battery would have been my first guess as well, sounds like you have some much bigger problems - have the car moved on a flatbed truck and good luck
Old 05-06-2020, 02:59 AM
Kim Loong Chew
1st Gear

Originally Posted by khansohailkhan.k
Hi - can you please let me know how did you fix this. I have got the same issue and car wont do anything at all when I turn on the switch.
When I try to open the tailgate/hatch/trunk, it makes a beeping noise. I pulled the back seats down to keep some extra baggage and it all started after that. Not sure if it was because of pulling the back seats down.
hi there, I facing the same issue as you mention here. Maybe I know end up how you solve the problem?
Old 05-06-2020, 05:03 AM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Buy or borrow a code reader would be my suggestion.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:35 AM
rbrunelle
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 82 Posts

I faced this issue for months.. My car wouldn't start yet everything seemed ok. I even changed the starter which is a big job.. I bought a Durametric, and there were no codes so I figured I was ok Until I bought a PIWIS, I had no real clue. As soon as I bought that, I could see and attach the problem. My issue was bad front BCM but yours may be different. Dealer cant say it $1200 unless he knows what the problem is. My dealer charges $99 to diagnose a problem. BTW I also learned that attaching a jump starter or charger to the jump points across the hood allows the drunk release to work. That's easier that crawling in the back and removing the light.
The following users liked this post:
Kim Loong Chew (05-07-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 08:40 AM
rbrunelle
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by khansohailkhan.k
Hi again..

No, it doesn't run at all. There is no power at all when I twist the ignition key, it just does nothing at all. The stereo and settings menu on the screen are working. Even you can change the gear to neutral easily.

I took it to the local Porsche dealer, they are asking USD 1,200 just to check it further. I have dropped it to another local well known workshop and they will diagnose what is the problem. Earlier the trunk/tailgate was not opening, the dealer opened it and check the battery is fine, even they tried the new battery as well. My concern now is to towing from one place to another will not break anything else.
Beeping noise I had as well Given you car is not a flood like mine, I would make sure your key battery is good. If the battery is good and the car was functioning normally, the beeping at the rear means door is locked. if you opened the driver door with the emergency key, the others remain locked. In my case all those things were related to missing immobilizer codes. The front BCM provides the signal to the engine control module to start. That code is sent if it recognizes the key in the car for KESSEY versions or the key in the ignition for regular cars.

Quick Reply: Emergency trunk release???