Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 307 Posts
Default new panno

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...53.html#agal_0
Old 10-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm - not for nothing, but I am very pleased with the size of the current generation Panny. The back seats offer a ton of room and my family of 4 is very comfortable in the car. I'm not sure I want a longer/wider car - it starts loosing its practicality for me.

I suspect they had to make the car longer to accommodate a smaller bump.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:41 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely a cleaner roofline/smaller bump. Read some time ago that it would be lighter, longer and I think a bit wider, although the current model is big enough and has plenty of interior passenger room and trunk space. The most under-rated four door extant IMO. If Porsche can get a production version of the Mission E to the market in a couple of years I will hold off on replacing my GTS with the next PGTS, which I believe will have a new, larger NA engine and get the all electric version with the amazing styling of the prototype just shown at the Frankfurt Show. The styling, build quality, brakes, acceleration, durability, range and performance of a production Mission E will be the hottest car available. Maybe Tesla will increase its P90D range and ability to run multiple hot laps without going into safe mode it will remain the go-to vehicle for its current market, but if not, the electric Porsche will rule.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Maybe Tesla will increase its P90D range and ability to run multiple hot laps without going into safe mode
I don't see Tesla caring about this. The performance of the P90D is largely about marketing bullet points, specifically 0-60 times, and lots of the American public just eats that up. I'm pretty sure that if Tesla actually cared about performance beyond that, they would have addressed this already.

Quick Reply: new panno