Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera vs. E63 AMG Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 03:37 PM
CliffJumper RS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Panamera vs. E63 AMG Wagon

I've been considering an E63 AMG Wagon, however, before I settle on that, I wanted to see if anyone here had significant (beyond a 10 min test drive) experience with both of these vehicles. The extra seat in the E63 is actually a major plus for me, but not a game winner. I love the sound of the engine, and the space in the back appears to be more usable than the Panamera. Because my test drives are so limited (I live in the city in SF and there always seems to be traffic when I make it out to the 'burb dealerships), I haven't been able to get a great comparison of driving dynamics beyond stop light to stop light sprints.

Any hands on experience would be appreciated.

Also, can anyone recommend an MB forum equivalent to Rennlist? The "best" one I've found so far seems to be MBWorld, but even there, the members seem to be a bit immature, or at least having different priorities than me.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Goonie
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I considered e63 wagon before I bought a PTT...

In the end, a porsche is a porsche... MB is for an older crowd.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:37 PM
CliffJumper RS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goonie
I considered e63 wagon before I bought a PTT...

In the end, a porsche is a porsche... MB is for an older crowd.
Well, I'm in my mid-30s, and every Panamera and E/S class owner that I know is at least 10 years older than me, so at that point, eh... it's all the same to me.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Goonie
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 35 as well. I think the PTT is more aggressive. I've always loved wagons tho. It was a hard choice for me as well. The sticker on the wagon is $105k I think. The sticker on the PTT was $175k. I bought a 2012 for $80k. You'll be taking the loss on a new wagon whereas most of the depreciation already happened with the PTT.

The interior on the PTT wins hands down and the back seats are just as comfortable as the front.

Quick Reply: Panamera vs. E63 AMG Wagon