Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Back in a Porsche - PGTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 AM
hyboost
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Back in a Porsche - PGTS

We've been away from the brand for a couple years but we're back. My wife had a Cayenne for 8 years and absolutely loved the car, and while her SQ5 was a lot of fun, we got the itch to get back in a Porsche recently. Played around with the idea of a Cayenne GTS, Macan Turbo but finally landed on a Panamera GTS. Pretty well optioned with the 20" Sport Wheels, LED lights, GTS Silver Interior Package and many others.

Her old Cayenne back in the day...

The SQ5 we just traded in...

And finally the new baby...the car is amazing to drive...and the sound of that exhaust It's the wife's car, but she's going to have to fight me for the keys!

Old 08-26-2015, 11:35 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 435 Likes on 174 Posts

Congrats. You picked the perfect way to come back to the family Great looking GTS
Old 08-27-2015, 03:23 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations. Excellent choice and color/option combination. To me the PGTS is the best overall car in the Porsche lineup. Aside from the DD practicality and fun to drive factor, it actually could put down decent laps at the track.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:29 PM
hyboost
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I spend my weekends on track with a bunch of Porsche GT3's (running PBOC) in my little e30m3. I've always had Porsche envy while out there...good feeling to know that I'm now in the family. I hinted at a few hot laps in the PGTS to the wife...result was a pretty serious threat to my life. I guess that won't be happening
Old 08-27-2015, 04:04 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A modest suggestion: Both take the two day Porsche Sport Driving Program at Barber Motor Sports Park. The first session we had PTTS's. Even if you or she never track your PGTS, the course is fun and very instructive. Great instructors and no sitting around waiting for you next session behind the wheel.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:52 AM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Congratulations. Excellent choice and color/option combination. To me the PGTS is the best overall car in the Porsche lineup. Aside from the DD practicality and fun to drive factor, it actually could put down decent laps at the track.
Couldn't agree more. Took her to the GP track at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park last Tuesday for some HPDE. Got some nice rotation around corner 5b. Handles astonishingly well for a big car.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:36 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 982 Likes on 491 Posts

Congrats on your purchase hyboost! I hope you get a chance to sneak it out on the track at least once (and still obtain your life) haha.

Are you considering going the aftermarket route in terms of wheels as you did on the SQ5?
Old 09-02-2015, 08:03 PM
hyboost
Rennlist Member

WheelsB, will definitely do wheels on it at some point. I've gotten all my prior wheels from Ben@WB and he has taken care of me for years (HRE on Supra, HRE on M5, ADV1 on IS-F). The exception was AvantGarde for the SQ5, but that was because I was trying to stay inexpensive since I expected the wife to chew through those. I will be in touch when the time comes for HRE/ADV1 on the PGTS.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:32 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 982 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by hyboost
WheelsB, will definitely do wheels on it at some point. I've gotten all my prior wheels from Ben@WB and he has taken care of me for years (HRE on Supra, HRE on M5, ADV1 on IS-F). The exception was AvantGarde for the SQ5, but that was because I was trying to stay inexpensive since I expected the wife to chew through those. I will be in touch when the time comes for HRE/ADV1 on the PGTS.
Sounds good Can't wait to help again!

Quick Reply: Back in a Porsche - PGTS