Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Back to a Panamera Turbo (Executive)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Back to a Panamera Turbo (Executive)

Just bought a new 2014 Panamera Turbo Executive out of state. There were 28 still for sale new and the discount was just too good to pass up (plus it will be CPO). I have a particular color combo I love (Basalt Black + Cognac + Olive wood). I had a 2013 Porsche Panamera Turbo in the same combo and only got rid of it to buy a 911. Now that I have a long commute for work and take people to lunch regularly, having a Panamera as as a daily driver made sense. I really don't see that much of a different styling-wise with the Executive but it does make for a much better back seat for my passengers. And the ventilated seats in rear will be great!

I looked at everything - and had narrowed down to the Panamera Turbo and the MB S63 AMG 4Matic. In the end, the S63 was luxurious in the rear but felt like a boat driving it. And it was not quick feeling off the line. And while I love tech, I found it very confusing to change the air settings, operate the back seat, and try to get the split view to work.

Plus, I'm only 40, so I will wait on that car for another 10 years :-). Had an M5 previously which is a good car, but don't love the styling and wanted ventilated rear seats since it gets hot in Texas. Looked at new 750i coming out this fall but not sporty enough. Looked at Maserati but don't love inside detailing. No way to Lexus. Range Rover was worried about reliability. Audi A8 W12 looked interesting but little inventory. Can't wait to get it on the road in a few weeks! I was a little nervous will how little mileage for a 18 month old car, but CPO will help (hopefully)...
Old 08-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Enjoy the new car! Why worried about low miles? I recently found a 2012 P Turbos S with 2700 miles on it. No matter when I sell it, it will be a low mileage car.

As noted in another thread, great deals to be had on the executive...just hasn't sold well in North America. Seems strange, since Audi had the opposite experience with the A8L vs the A8.

As far as Texas heat goes, can't help you there. I've only been through the airports so don't know what it's all about, but my wife is from there and won't go back!
Old 08-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts

Pics please sounds like a sharp combo...
Old 08-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to a Panamera Turbo (Executive)

Love my turbo executive. They are great cars and no real reason why people don't buy them. Not much difference from the regular except trying to put in these short Dallas garages.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:44 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 983 Likes on 491 Posts

Sounds like a reasonable choice Dallas considering all the factors that were in play. Any photos to share with us?
Old 09-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

I will get some photos added this evening! Really enjoying the car (again). The executive is so awesome for the backseat (ventilated seats/legroom) and I think it makes the car look more proportional. I've since added the sports exhaust, sport design steering wheel, aluminum shifter, illuminated door sills, black side vents and tinted windows. I am getting the tinted LED rear lights and the black LED front lights tomorrow. Am still considering switching wheels. I really think the basalt/cognac/olive wood combo is the best! Wish it were an option for the 911.

Quick Reply: Back to a Panamera Turbo (Executive)