2017 Porsche Panamera Interior Almost Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:28 PM
trev0006
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2017 Porsche Panamera Interior Almost Revealed

From the article:
If we were to select the part of the current Porsche Panamera that would need to be upgraded the most, it would have to be the interior. It all starts from the interior space – the current model didn’t offer enough space in the back, so Porsche introduced the longer Executive version with the mid-cycle refresh.

Photos and article - 2017 Porsche Panamera Interior Almost Revealed

Old 08-02-2015, 05:56 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like Porsche continue to go in totaly wrong directions.
Having currently, beside a Boxster S track car, a Panamera 4S and a Cayenne Turbo, both with what a consider a SUPER interior, i.e. wide central console with one button per function, which is, in my opinion, the only safe way to do so, I can only observe that the new trend started by bmw with a central button (washing machine style) has good chance to be also adopted by Porsche, looking at this photo.
In my opinion, this should be not authorized by any clever registration authorities, as this is simply more dangerous than texting while driving.
For me, definitively going wrong all the ways.
I understand so well why Singer has so much success.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:13 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

I agree about the need for buttons; everyone freaks out by all the buttons on my Panamera, however after a drive or two must people get it and think it's easy to navigate.

Unfortunately we live in a very techie driven world; the younger generations are more interested in what gadgets a car has vs how it drives or what HP is present. My 4 year old daughter already asks me frequently why my cars don't have Wifi! Porsche is just adapting with the times, be it right or wrong.

But personally love the fact that whether I get into my Panamera or 991 Turbo I don't have to scroll through endless screens to adjust something. Mostly I just hit the Sport Plus buttons!
Old 08-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I've read a lot of complaints in the automotive press about the number of buttons in the Panamera. I suspect Porsche is reacting to that.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:16 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes, The press is the problem. (I would clearly NOT include Panorama, that is, imo, the BEST P magazine, ..and by far, in this comment.)
So, for sure, I do not want to say that for all, but,
I mean by that, the "general" press, were most of the writers are frustrated persons, that do this kind of work just to drive all these cars for free, and basically write bad about brands that do not let them having the cars that they want.
Imo, pot gears is a splendid example of this kind of jerks.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:06 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default 2017 Porsche Panamera Interior Almost Revealed

I freaked with all the buttons when I got in to a 2014 Panny loaner compared to by 997.2S. Then I rented an Audi & then a Benz. Porsche has those brands beat my a mile IMO. More intuitive, more ergonomic, less distracting while driving...T
Old 08-03-2015, 04:54 AM
P. Viby
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all the buttons in the Panamera is what it makes it so cool looking inside. Sitting in a Audi or a BMW or almost any other car with this joystick trying to find the sports setting in all these menus is just so annoying.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:20 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The interior of my PGTS and 991 TTS are comfortable and very functional. The control layout that started with the Panamera carried over to the over models and works very well. Not sure why some have deemed the buttons difficult. Recall all the press fuss about the BMW iDrive when it arrived? What was the big deal? I had an '06 BMW 650i convertible and it worked just fine once got used to the slow processor. Frankly, the auto press is not especially helpful and tends to make dramatic judgments based on generally very limited familiarity. I doubt if Porsche is swayed by auto journalists. Whatever Porsche does with the next Panamera, I am confident that it will function better than the existing system. We all know that Porsche is generally conservative with changes. for example, no head up display, which is a feature that was available on cars a decade ago, including the '06 BMW 650, and is one of the best "new" features from a pure driving perspective, IMO.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:36 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 307 Posts

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/08/2...le-east-185970

Quick Reply: 2017 Porsche Panamera Interior Almost Revealed