Where is the used market/ sweet spots

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 09:38 AM
P_S
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Where is the used market/ sweet spots

Hi.

Thinking about picking up a Panamera. The last Porsche I owned (way back when Rennlist was actually a list) was a 944 and it has been too long.

If you have recently bought/sold or you know the market, can you help me with a couple of things?

1. Where are the "sweet spots" (years/models) in the market-- the years/trims/options/miles where you think the best value for the money can be had?

2. Can you characterize the market in general? So much of the inventory is at dealers (and seemingly listed at 30-50% over Manheim prices) that I don't know where these cars actually trade hands?

Of course, if you are selling (or soon to be selling, or have an expiring lease) please drop me a PM.

Thank you.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:35 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the used market/ sweet spots

Not knowing you budget etc it is hard to say. Maybe a leftover 2014 turbo. Plenty out there if you plan to keep it a long time. If short term then something older.

I would stay away if off warranty as you can't get an extended once the original is gone and I would not want an expensive car like this (especially if in the turbo market) as these can cost more to fix than they are worth.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had various P cars over a number of years. For new cars, the best values tend to be the S models. GTS variants cost more when they come out later in the cycle, but have the best value in terms of performance for the money.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:09 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Agree on GTS variants as best aftermarket values..

Originally Posted by Hammer911
I have had various P cars over a number of years. For new cars, the best values tend to be the S models. GTS variants cost more when they come out later in the cycle, but have the best value in terms of performance for the money.
Just make sure you get a CPO'd car.

If dealers are too far above Manheim, buy privately, but make sure you have original warranty miles/time left.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:38 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet spot is the 3rd yr.

Quick Reply: Where is the used market/ sweet spots