Panamera 2010-Current

2011 Panamera 4 Garage remote programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:05 PM
bgelectrician
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Panamera 4 Garage remote programming

I have tried for hours like many other to program the overhead garage door button and no success. I have a couple year old genie opener and tried everything. Wiped out any factory settings before, held button 1 down until it blinks slowly, held remote in front of car bumper, lights flash 3 times as said it should, go back and press button 1 and doesn't work. Even tried after lights blinked 3 times to hit learn button on opener motor and go back into car and hit button several times (about 20 or 30 times) and nothing. When I press the 1 button in the car after I try this I can see the red light on the opener motor blink every time I push it but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Not sure if this will help, but I found that after I programmed the garage door opener, it generally doesn't work if I use a short press on button 1, but does if I hold it longer. I guess my opener wants to hear the signal over and over before it responds.

I'm not saying this is a fix, I'm saying it's at least worth trying.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:00 PM
John Rose
Advanced

I also tried for hours. Here is how I got it to work. Do as the book says ,IE press the button in car till it flashes, go to front of the car with remote and press till it flashes. Then go to the garage opener and press the learn button till it flashes. Finally go back to the Panamera and press and hold the button that you chose IE: #1,2,or 3. Bingo you are done. The manual deosn't tell you this.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Samp4
Racer

It took me while to get that there are two things. First you get the car to learn the remote code. Then you have it connect to the garage door. I did it several times then I realized that the dirt part kept working and I did not do the learning from the car to the door after the remote to the car was done.

Quick Reply: 2011 Panamera 4 Garage remote programming