Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Should I buy a Pre-owned Panamera Turbo or Panamera 4S??? Need Advice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:18 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

First, sorry for Polar993, as we are messing up his topic.
It is true that may be, ..the choice has been done for him !

By the way, I would be curious to know if the PTT made it over the P4S ?

About the commands of PDK, yes, the Techart paddle seems to the best choice to take over the control in a standard and clean way, ..but we have already "commands" in this space, so, my hesitations are about "what's up" when you add-up real paddles.
I would be very curious to read from Panamera drivers that have the multi-functions SW and have installed the Techart paddles.

For the "fun", take notice that the new (Porsche) GT3, ..that exists only with a PDK gearbox, has the central lever working ..the way it should (i.e.: pulling to shift up).
Old 08-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Polar993
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
First, sorry for Polar993, as we are messing up his topic.
It is true that may be, ..the choice has been done for him !

By the way, I would be curious to know if the PTT made it over the P4S ?

About the commands of PDK, yes, the Techart paddle seems to the best choice to take over the control in a standard and clean way, ..but we have already "commands" in this space, so, my hesitations are about "what's up" when you add-up real paddles.
I would be very curious to read from Panamera drivers that have the multi-functions SW and have installed the Techart paddles.

For the "fun", take notice that the new (Porsche) GT3, ..that exists only with a PDK gearbox, has the central lever working ..the way it should (i.e.: pulling to shift up).
Sorry for the delay in responding, and thanks so much for all your input.

So back to my situation about finding a pre-owned Panamera….I test drove a 2010 Turbo at the local dealership in Greenwich. The car drove very well, and it was certainly quite fast! There’s no doubt that it would be a fantastic car to own and drive it on open roads without traffic. I think it’s a bit too much for my daily commute however, plus being a 4 year old car, it was beginning to show some signs of age (mainly the interior). The dealership wasn’t budging too much on their price, and their offer for trade in of my X6 was not even in the ballpark!

I then drove a 2012 4S, which I really liked. I felt it had adequate power for my daily driving needs, and this particular car had a ton of options, which was great. The only problem was the exterior color. It was Platinum Silver Metallic, which in the internet pictures looked really nice, but in person looked a little too much like Champagne Metallic to me. The Platinum Silver is nice, but it’s a bit too warm of a silver for my taste. I have a Polar Silver 993, and I highly prefer the more blue or grey tones of silver over the brown tones.

I ended up finding a 2013 Panamera GTS. Carbon Grey over black alcantera with carbon fiber. I paid a little more than I was originally planning to spend, but I still got a great deal and the dealer offered me fair value for my trade of the X6.

I have yet to drive this GTS, as I bought it from out of state, but I have no reason to believe that I won’t absolutely love it. Everything I’ve read about the GTS seems to suit me perfectly, plus I love the interior and the sound of the exhaust!

Delivery is expected at the end of this week. I am VERY excited! I’ll post some pics when it arrives…..maybe some videos of the exhaust note too!

Thanks all for your help and input. It is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:03 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Hello Polar993,
Great to read news.
In my opinion you bought the BEST Panamera, ..and by far.

Imo, getting a GTS, seems to be the very best choice, when hesitating between a 4S and a Turbo.

Waiting to read your first comments after some miles, but I'm ready to bet that you will enjoy it big time.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:28 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Polar993
Sorry for the delay in responding, and thanks so much for all your input.

I ended up finding a 2013 Panamera GTS. Carbon Grey over black alcantera with carbon fiber. I paid a little more than I was originally planning to spend, but I still got a great deal and the dealer offered me fair value for my trade of the X6.

I have yet to drive this GTS, as I bought it from out of state, but I have no reason to believe that I won’t absolutely love it. Everything I’ve read about the GTS seems to suit me perfectly, plus I love the interior and the sound of the exhaust!

Delivery is expected at the end of this week. I am VERY excited! I’ll post some pics when it arrives…..maybe some videos of the exhaust note too!

Thanks all for your help and input. It is greatly appreciated!!!
Congrats you will love the GTS a great car!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 11:37 PM
trehrlich
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
My preferred setting is Sport for everyday driving. The handling and the overall feel in that mode is just about perfect for me. The slight downshift lag is my only issue but I can handle that manually. Sport+ is too much for regular driving but it's great on tight curvy mountain roads.

I only use regular mode when I'm on the freeway and want 7th gear -- if I remember to change from Sport mode. I often don't.
Completely agree and drive exactly the same.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:53 AM
ELMEL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, how do you like the GTS?

Quick Reply: Should I buy a Pre-owned Panamera Turbo or Panamera 4S??? Need Advice.