Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Good bye 911 (after 30 year non stop), hello Panamera !

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 05:36 PM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
I just made an offer, (..that was refused !) for a 2013 CPO'ed Turbo ..and today, I feel that I made a "miss" when I did not went for the "Turbo S" (Gen 2) mentionned on the above post !
This car was for sale at Redwood City Porsche, ..and because of the fears of PCCB (i.e.: if driving on rough roads), I did pass!! OK, today, I admit, this was a mistake.

Well, sometime...

The question could be today "why not making a better offer, ..or matching the price asked" for this Turbo ?
Well, I would like a "gen 2", ..this is a "gen 1". OK, with plenty of good options, ..but a 44k miles 8 years Lady !
I felt that for me, it would be less, ..than the price I offered, or: I already made an offer that was more than its value !
I know, we are currently in times where the Panamera Turbo of Gen 2 are extremely rare on the market !!!

Or, being in a situation like : Would you think it would be a good time to buy a share, ..when it is at his higheest price ??
Ok, ..still waiting, next time !
I'd not be sure that anything is at its highest price now. We're combining a runaway inflation rate with interest rates that have traditionally been applied to create inflation or to put it another way, stave off deflation.

"He who demands to see clearly before deciding never decides."
Old 10-17-2021, 10:25 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

You may be right !
Some are saying good bye Panamera, hello Taycan, ..but, for me, it is still easier to find a gas station in the middle of nowhere during a grand tour, when you decided to change itinerary at the last minute ..than a charging station !
It definitively looks like I'm not the only one in the hunt for a nicely optionned, low miles Panamera Turbo "Gen 1,II" (2014-2016) ! (This time, I will not exclude a Turbo S, but probably still ..exclude an "Executive" !
I still hope that somewhere in the country, one owner of a Turbo S will update on something like a Tesla Plaid, and make (at least !) one available.
I also hope that new car "availabilities problems" will be only a temp crisis !

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 10-30-2021 at 02:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MKC91 (10-18-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 10:00 PM
jsp3
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
You may be right !
Some are saying good bye Panamera, hello Taycan, ..but, for me, it is still easier to find a gas station in the middle of nowhere during a grand tour, when you decided to change itinerary at the last minute ..than a charging station !
It definitively looks like I'm not the only one in the hunt for a nicely optionned, low miles Panamera Turbo Gen 2 ! (This time, I will not exclude a Turbo S, but probably still ..exclude an "Executive" !
I still hope that somewhere in the country, one owner of a Turbo S will update on something like a Tesla Plaid, and make (at least !) one available.
I also hope that new car "availabilities problems" will be only a temp crisis !
If you are looking for a Gen 2 Turbo S e-hybrid, I have my 2018 for sale in the marketplace. Take a look if interested. I expect it will sell quickly in this environment.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:17 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

@jsp3, thanks for the offer.
I just realize that I made a mistake in my post : I do not search for a "Gen 2", ..but "idealy" for a "Gen 1, II" ..as they name it at PCNA.
OK, to be more "visual" : between 2014 and 2016.

Sorry for the "false alert" !

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 10-28-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Good bye 911 (after 30 year non stop), hello Panamera !