Panamera 2010-Current

Need advice on alignment issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 03:08 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need advice on alignment issue

I bought my pan s hybrid cpo w 6450 demo miles. Needed new tires at 12500 miles due to excess wear of inside edge of both fronts. Handled and felt great though. Indy Porsche shop put on new tires and said alignment was needed. They did alignment and said they found it way out of spec. They also said marks showed original factory settings had not been changed prior to their work.

Car pulled to right after alignment, felt pretty squirrelly in general and very unsecure in cornering at DE that i participated in day after their work. Car had been outstanding at another DE the month before.

I noticed three wheels were badly scratched right inside the lip when i got the car back from the Indy shop. So with all the issues I went to a highly recommended dealer shop a few hours away instead of returning to the first shop and had the dealer check the alignment.

They said since the car has air suspension, the other alignment was botched since level change wasn't accounted for by other shop. They did another alignment totally changing everything but caster.

Car now pulls worse and is so tough to hold center and return to center after turn it caused major muscle strain after a 120 mile drive today. The car does grip well in corners again though.

The printout of second alignment shows settings way off spec prior to dealer's changes. The "before" settings taken by the dealer do not agree with the "after" settings showing on Indy shop's report. The alignments were done about 10 days and 700 miles apart. No incidents have occurred to damage the alignment since the Indy shop did their work.

Anybody had similar issues? Any advice on how to get this problem solved? Neither shop has experience with Panamera's. I just want my great handling and driving car back.

Quick Reply: Need advice on alignment issue