Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Another Black Panamera TT gets the EVOMSit treatment @ SharkWerks

This black on black 2010 Porsche Panamera Twin Turbo came into us straight from one of our local dealerships to have the EVOMSit performance software installed for additional power and response.

Arriving with 500hp....

The installation is very simple and requires only a few minutes-worth of unplugging and plugging connectors in the engine bay:

The EVOMSit brain:

The car is now ready to go with a nice 50-80hp power boost:

An interesting chart showing the performance data of the "before" and "after":

Last edited by sharkster; 07-12-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i like the chart you guys have provided, better than most companies who say "50hp!" and ends up being like 12.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I am jealous. Nice car made even more stunning.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I missing something, isn't this about the performance boost provided by the Sports Chrono in a Turbo?
The Porsche literature states 0-60 without as 4.0 s and with Sports Chrono as 3.8 s. The Sports Chrono list price is $2280.

I only have a P4S and turned a 4.3 s measured with a calibrated Gtech Pro and a 1 ft rollout . Porsche's published performance number are generally conservative.

ps: the graph states the "rate of acceleration" and then proceeds to give velocity. For the record, acceleration is dimensioned in units/sec^2 while velocity is in units/sec.

Last edited by pmichaelis; 02-08-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: graphical information error
Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i like the chart you guys have provided, better than most companies who say "50hp!" and ends up being like 12.
Danke! Well it's a different way to show car lengths hehe...
Originally Posted by Bandit201
Wow. I am jealous. Nice car made even more stunning.
Cheers!
Originally Posted by pmichaelis
Am I missing something, isn't this about the performance boost provided by the Sports Chrono in a Turbo?
The Porsche literature states 0-60 without as 4.0 s and with Sports Chrono as 3.8 s. The Sports Chrono list price is $2280.

I only have a P4S and turned a 4.3 s measured with a calibrated Gtech Pro and a 1 ft rollout . Porsche's published performance number are generally conservative.

ps: the graph states the "rate of acceleration" and then proceeds to give velocity. For the record, acceleration is dimensioned in units/sec^2 while velocity is in units/sec.
Not missing anything but honestly I wouldn't read too much into the G-Tech vs a Pbox. It's a fun tool but it's not highly accurate In terms of the times a couple of things... Mags are going flat out (we are not trying to ruin cars and pull 0-60s), usually on 93 octane and also in better climates than the hot-desert in AZ and on 91. Those make a significant difference in terms of how they run... Also we wanted to show power difference once the car is really moving vs a good launch. Getting a good launch stock vs a car with more power is actually harder to achieve sometimes. Tires spinning etc....

Quick Reply: Another Black Panamera TT gets the EVOMSit treatment @ SharkWerks