Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

All Season tires for Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM
56truluck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did alot of research into tires when I bought my P4. My two cents: I don't think there is an all season tire in 20" for the Panamera. The Continental DWS is a very good tire but does not come in the correct size for this car. Even if it did, the sidewall is probably too soft for this car. The 19" all-season options are the Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus and the Continental Contipro Contact. The Michelin is a new tire designed for the Panamera. Very expensive, too soon to know how good it is. The Continental is an nspec version of a very widely used OEM grand touring tire. I have used it on BMWs and found it adequate but not more than that. I did not like that tire in winter weather on an x drive BMW but your location may make that consideration unimportant. In 18", Nokian sells an "all-weather" tire, the wrg2 which is a winter rated all season tire. Theoretically it is a 4 season tire that performs in winter as a performance winter tire. I will be using the Nokian as a winter tire. At the risk of rehashing an often discussed topic, if you live in an area with consistent cold and winter weather, two sets of wheels and tires will give you the best performance. All season tires will work but have limitations in severe cold and especially on snowy or icy roads. I have found that even if you have relatively few really bad weather days, the right tire is critical. I driver early in the morning and can't stay home because of bad weather, so I always go with winter tires.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Jae P
6th Gear

Lightbulb Just ordered winter snow/wheel package

fyi, Porsche seems to have a lot of 19 inch and even 20 inch snow/wheel packages in stock. The prices I got from the dealer were very reasonable so I ordered a set of the 20 inch.

Earlier, I bought a set of 19 inch all seasons Conti from ebay for $2,800 but found that it did not come with the metal TMP Sensor stems. Those sensors alone are $810 for the set.

Considering everything, $4k from Porsche for 19 in/wheel/snow seems like a relative bargain. 20 inchers were $5200.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:08 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Run the AS+ tires on the Panamera. Porsche N rates them and they hold up much better laterally than other all seasons do. Available in the right sizing, too.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

Damian,

You don have the panemera turbo s on your website. Are those
AS plus available for the turbo S 20"? Im ordering the 2013 model.

Thanks

Watt
Old 11-02-2013, 03:59 PM
thereader
Cruisin'

I've been lurking on the site over the past month or so reading posts and learning from all of you. I just bought a '10 panamera 4S with 13K miles a month back in Carbon Grey Metallic. Am in love with the car in all respects. Still getting to know the car at this point. Winter is coming and I need to swap out the summer tires for something else. Rather than going for dedicated winter tire, I'm thinking of going with an all season high performance tire. I see that there appears to be 2 options with a 20" rim, either a michelin pilot sport A/S Plus n spec or a Pirelli Centurato P7. Was at the dealer recently and saw several new Panameras on the showroom floor, including a Turbo. All had optional All Season tires on them and they all were running the Pirellis. Does anyone have a perspective on whether the Michelins or Pirellis are better high performance cold weather tires? I live in Boston and not planning to drive the car in heavy snow. Just looking for the best all season high performance tire. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:24 PM
lic265
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too have a 2010 PTT with Pirelli P7 all seasons - wondering how it will be in the New england winter - any experience?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:47 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Conti DWS has worked great for me; however I also bought a separate set if wheels; last winter and this winter so far they have been great; plus it's nice to swap out wheels to make the car look different!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:37 PM
ishur
Track Day

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
Run the AS+ tires on the Panamera. Porsche N rates them and they hold up much better laterally than other all seasons do. Available in the right sizing, too.
I'm curious, why not that regular Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3, which is less expensive and has a higher wear rating?

I have the original Continental all seasons on my 19" rims for my 4S, and they do OK even up here in the frigid frozen Midwest, but I wouldn't mind something better when I replace them.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:47 AM
auteman
4th Gear

Anyone knows if this all season tires are available?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/al...res-61714.html
Old 03-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by auteman
Anyone knows if this all season tires are available?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/al...res-61714.html
The Tire Rack carries them in both 19" and 20".

Personally, I'd only run all-seasons on a Panamera if I lived in a climate where I didn't expect snow. Performance cars with their big, wide tires need all the help they can get if they have to deal with snow.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:18 PM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

For someone who doesn't drive their P4 in the winter, would you go with Summer tires, or All Season for the summer? Currently have 19" Michelin A/S Sport All Season, changing to 20" RS Spyder wheels and MICHELIN
PILOT SPORT A/S PLUS N-SPEC-All Season,
or:MICHELIN
PILOT SUPER SPORT- HP Summer-both tires are the NO (Porsche).

Thanks
Old 03-16-2017, 09:16 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CHI-ALAN
For someone who doesn't drive their P4 in the winter, would you go with Summer tires, or All Season for the summer? Currently have 19" Michelin A/S Sport All Season, changing to 20" RS Spyder wheels and MICHELIN
PILOT SPORT A/S PLUS N-SPEC-All Season,
or:MICHELIN
PILOT SUPER SPORT- HP Summer-both tires are the NO (Porsche).

Thanks
I always do summer/winter sets on all cars and won't buy cars because of lack of optipns. Plenty of good winter options for a Panny so why not go summer/winter and drive it all year long?
Old 03-16-2017, 02:08 PM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

I've decided on the Summer tires vs A/S from TireRack. We have a VW SUV that we drive in the winter.
If the weather is OK and no salt/snow on the roads, I'll take it out.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:08 PM
kotsumu
Track Day

I live in michigan and have a P4 in order. Do you guys think I should get the 21 inch wheels. I really dislike the look of the 20 inch wheels but I currently opted for it because of michigan roads and winter
Old 03-17-2017, 11:05 AM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

My 2012 P4 has the base turbo wheels.-19". I've been going back and forth between the Turbo II and the RS Spyder-20". Found a set of barely used (put on a Auto Show car and then taken off) RS Spyder 20" from a Porsche dealership in PA for $1,900. new they are over 6K. I've heard the ride is better though on smaller (18" or 19") wheels. I personally wouldn't go with 21", but it's a personal choice. Congrats on your new P4.

Quick Reply: All Season tires for Panamera