Offical pics - Panamera Interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 993-C4S
I think, what's even more interesting is that they buried the new pricing in a press release about the interior. To me, that's the bigger story.

Forget The Interior! Porsche Reveals Panamera Pricing

I'm still going to wait to see and drive one before passing final judgment.

John
That pricing is simply fuucking idiotic.

Panamera S 400 hp, 4.8-liter V8, 0 - 60 mph in 5.2, top speed 175, $90K
Panamera 4S 0 - 60 in 4.8, $94K
Panamera Turbo, 500 hp, twin-turbo 4.8-liter V8, PDK, AWD, 0-60 in 4.0, 188 mph, MSRP $132,600
On sale in the United States this October

Abso-fuh-cucking-lutely ridiculous.

Imagine even a very conservative walk through the options list and you're talking about writing a $100K+ check for the base model car and over $150K to get yourself at the top of the precipitous depreciation curve that the Turbo will ride down. The only thing faster than the P-Turbo 0-60 (4.0 flat is pretty damn quick for what must be a 4000lb+ land yacht) will be it's $150K to $70K depreciation. Who drives an executive express cruiser at $20K/year depreciation? What's the lease on that residual basis? $3K/month? Seriously?

Priced to compete with Aston, Bentley and Maserati. And totally out-classed in this neighborhood.

Design and specifications to compete with BMW and Mercedes and wildly overpriced to even be considered. Imagine the lease proposition to the business buyer.

Let's PRAY Porsche is not building more than a couple of hundred of these things for '09.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 AM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT

Panamera Turbo, 500 hp, twin-turbo 4.8-liter V8, PDK, AWD, 0-60 in 4.0, 188 mph, MSRP $132,600
You can take 2/10ths of a second off those zero to sixty times if you option it with Sports Chrono package.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993-C4S
You can take 2/10ths of a second off those zero to sixty times if you option it with Sports Chrono package.
Two tenths seems ambitious. And the 2WD "S" model is apparently traction bound off the line.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:02 AM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Two tenths seems ambitious. And the 2WD "S" model is apparently traction bound off the line.
two tenths is about what you get on other pcars (with sports chrono). So, given the weight difference of the panamera it's probably closer to 1 tenth on the all-wheel drive models.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:10 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

It's sad really ... Dr Porsche is spinning in his grave .... a Total FAIL ....

Porsche for the first time will offer from Burmester® — the renown Berlin audio manufacturer — a new ultra high-end surround sound system.
With 16 loudspeakers plus a subwoofer (a total of over 2.5 square feet of speaker surface area) and a total output of more than 1000 watts, this new system gives listeners a grand acoustical experience.
And like the 2009 Porsche sports cars and SUVs, Panameras will be available with the latest personal electronic connectivity features, including Bluetooth for cellular telephones, Universal Audio Interface for connecting personal audio devices, and satellite radio.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:54 AM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are we over reacting to the panameras like we did over the cayenne? I do hate the rear entertainment system... looks so add on... aftermarket could look better... they should have integrated into the head rest not hanging from it.... looks like crap for a near $100K sedan... has nothing over the Maserati quattroporte... they are nicely appointed...
Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That pricing is simply fuucking idiotic.

Abso-fuh-cucking-lutely ridiculous.

Imagine even a very conservative walk through the options list and you're talking about writing a $100K+ check for the base model car and over $150K to get yourself at the top of the precipitous depreciation curve that the Turbo will ride down. The only thing faster than the P-Turbo 0-60 (4.0 flat is pretty damn quick for what must be a 4000lb+ land yacht) will be it's $150K to $70K depreciation. Who drives an executive express cruiser at $20K/year depreciation? What's the lease on that residual basis? $3K/month? Seriously?

Priced to compete with Aston, Bentley and Maserati. And totally out-classed in this neighborhood.

Design and specifications to compete with BMW and Mercedes and wildly overpriced to even be considered. Imagine the lease proposition to the business buyer.

Let's PRAY Porsche is not building more than a couple of hundred of these things for '09.
^ + 1
BTW, they are building 10K minimum first year... the dealers will be 'asked' to accept all launch vehicles + initial production runs.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by GeoT3
are we over reacting to the panameras like we did over the cayenne? I do hate the rear entertainment system... looks so add on... aftermarket could look better... they should have integrated into the head rest not hanging from it.... looks like crap for a near $100K sedan... has nothing over the Maserati quattroporte... they are nicely appointed...

In short: Yes.

The rear seat entertainment will be ordered about as much as the Cayenne rear seat entertainment.

I've orderd exactly ZERO.

*maybe Porsche should just go back to the days of building such high quality cars like the 924 or the 944. I'm sure they'll do financially well then.

As for the looks, reliability and over-all fit and finish; it'll blow the Quattroportte outta the water.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Can I assume that you are completely unbiased in your support of Porsche and the Panamera?

The 968 (the last of the 944/924 family) was a beautiful car (Harm Lagaay was quoted in Panorama as saying the 968 was the most beautiful Porsche he designed) was simply the right car at the wrong time in Porsche's history (and the reign of Dr. W).
Imagine for a moment if the 968 HAD survived and continued to evolve, much as the '911' has today. What would the Panamera be like now?

The Panamera exists for the same reason the Cayenne exists. It was a puzzle piece conceived LONG ago and now made a reality.

As previously stated by others, the 911 was always the 'David' competing against the 'Goliaths' of the supercar world. It was different, it was unique, it was what was considered 'Porsche'.
The Panamera is attempting to compete with AM, Bentley, Masserati, et. al. with a commodity based, shared component vehicle, with a higher non Porsche content than the Cayenne, at a very high price point.
It is also being brought forward into an economy that may not be the best for vehicle sales at this price point.

I have a very small stake in all MY03+ Porsches, but I have a hard time supporting the direction and implementation presented in this vehicle.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GeoT3
If you look at the updated QP, it's a pretty handsome car, especially if you compare it directly to the BMW or Mercedes offering.

As for over-reacting or comparing the Panamera to the Cayenne, I think they're worlds apart and I don't see a lot of reaction at al, certainly not "over reaction." The Cayenne was a culture shock and even today, it's a pretty ordinary vehicle below what we'd expect from Porsche engineering and design. The Panamera is just a mistake -- an overpriced understatement.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

If you look at the updated QP, it's a pretty handsome car, especially if you compare it directly to the BMW or Mercedes offering.

As for over-reacting or comparing the Panamera to the Cayenne, I think they're worlds apart and I don't see a lot of reaction at al, certainly not "over reaction." The Cayenne was a culture shock and even today, it's a pretty ordinary vehicle below what we'd expect from Porsche engineering and design. The Panamera is just a mistake -- an overpriced understatement.
Ask yourself....
Exactly how much of the Panamera is shared with the Cayenne?
Exactly how much of the Panamera is actually VAG and not PAG?

You are going to see design resuse/sharing components across the Porsche lineup, more than ever before.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by ltc
Can I assume that you are completely unbiased in your support of Porsche and the Panamera?

The 968 (the last of the 944/924 family) was a beautiful car (Harm Lagaay was quoted in Panorama as saying the 968 was the most beautiful Porsche he designed) was simply the right car at the wrong time in Porsche's history (and the reign of Dr. W).
Imagine for a moment if the 968 HAD survived and continued to evolve, much as the '911' has today. What would the Panamera be like now?

The Panamera exists for the same reason the Cayenne exists. It was a puzzle piece conceived LONG ago and now made a reality.

As previously stated by others, the 911 was always the 'David' competing against the 'Goliaths' of the supercar world. It was different, it was unique, it was what was considered 'Porsche'.
The Panamera is attempting to compete with AM, Bentley, Masserati, et. al. with a commodity based, shared component vehicle, with a higher non Porsche content than the Cayenne, at a very high price point.
It is also being brought forward into an economy that may not be the best for vehicle sales at this price point.

I have a very small stake in all MY03+ Porsches, but I have a hard time supporting the direction and implementation presented in this vehicle.
Am I completely unbiased? Well the only way to test that would be for me to quit my current employment; and since I'm in no position to do so (unless you're making me a reasonable offer ) then that's not going to happen. LOL

But having said that, when I first started seeing pictures of the Panamera; I thought "Ohhhh good God. Wtf have they done?!" and was truely skeptical up until I started seeing a lot of pictures of it.

As for the Cayenne, well, the new(er) versions I like very much. Interiors are 'blah' but the way they drive (keep in mind, I'm really not much of a SUV person) is where the Cayenne catches me. And out of all the Peppers, the new GTS is simply awesome. I love it. I love it's big wheels, and it's big sound to go with it. Sport exhaust on, blipping the throttle at a stop light so you startle the neighbors- gives me great joy.

I like it (Panamera) because I am indeed a huge fan of Porsche. I have been my whole life. If I was in the position to have my 911 and I needed a sedan; but didn't want an SUV- I'd want a Panamera.

I really like the S550; but it's not my cup of tea. Too big. 7 Series? Well if BMW gave us a 7 series worthy of the looks and likes of the pre-bangle 7 series; I'd like that. But as such, I thnk the 7 series is a shined turd. A8? I like it; but geeeez oh man- c'mon Audi, get with it. Make a NEW A8 for cripes sakes.

Quatroportte? No. Driven both 06 and 08 models and I can say I don't like it's drive or it's looks. 5 days out of 7 I say that car is Fugly. And on top of that I'm not a huge Italian car fan. I'm a German Car Fan.

It's like the NY Yankee's; everyone is a fan- but half the people who wear those damn hats have no friggin clue who's play'n for them. Just like Ferrari. Schleps wear Ferrari hat's and are "huge" F car fans; but have no real clue about the company, let alone the cars they produce. They just 'like them' b/c it's 'cool' to do so.

And enter the 997/911. I love her shape. I love that it's German Engineered. I love how you can drive them everyday. And I love her sound. That Flat 6 sound. I love that car. And I love Porsche.

They'll always have a soft spot in my heart and, one of these days have a spot in my garage.

But that's me. And my love.

You don't have to like the Panamera; but I'm happy Porsche is able to produce such a car. It gives people like me, a fighting chance to be able to own one of the most gorgeous cars ever produced.

The 911.

If all they had were 911's, they'd have to charge A LOT more for the cars. Thus not being a reasonable goal for me.

Go PORSCHE!

Old 02-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Arena996
Advanced

With this interior they had a fresh slate to start with and they still do not know the american market. For a car designed to carry 4 people I see only 1 cup holder.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Are there any photos of the rear seats folded?

Last edited by Carrera GT; 02-15-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 PM
tvandegarde
Intermediate

Default Pleasantly Surprised

I guess I'm in the minority but I actually like the interior photos. I can't wait to not only sit in the interior but to see how the Panamera drives.

Quick Reply: Offical pics - Panamera Interior