Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Would you rather have a Quattroporte?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the panamera will suffer the same fate as the VW Phaeton and go out of production post haste - except that the VW was ten times better looking.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:01 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
I think the panamera will suffer the same fate as the VW Phaeton and go out of production post haste - except that the VW was ten times better looking.
And in today's market, the Phaeton is quite the value.....
Old 01-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are the price ranges (expected) ???
Old 01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by ltc
Agreed. Just sitting in the Maseratti is luxurious comfort that few cars offer. However, their interior ergonomics leaves a bit to be desired....the antithesis of VAG interior design.

Agreed

Been there, done that
. I'll take the Masserati....probably the Gran Sport over the Quattroporte
itc-

You've driven the Panamera?!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:11 AM
BigLou
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I would probably have to say "Yes", but I haven't seen the Panamera in person yet. Judging by the pics, I don't think I will change my mind. That interior alone makes me puke.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:13 AM
mbslrm
Intermediate

The Quattroporte is simply gorgeous.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
BuddyK
Instructor

Originally Posted by mbslrm
The Quattroporte is simply gorgeous.
I was a passenger in a Quattroporte, and the interior was very very luxurious and the ride very smooth. The best part was the sound though - really nice ferrari motors in these. I don't know though, it's not the sort of car that you actually end up driving to the limit - it's an executive show off car - too nice. It's a bit of a limo. Although I am sure it does have excellent performance potential.

I'd expect the Panamera to be meant to be driven. I dunno, though - I want to see one in the wild.

For what my opinion is worth I don't know - I'll consider a Panamera when I can get a used one for under $50K - then I am interested for sure.

Quatroporte is just not a possibility around here, neither is Bentley. I'd love one of those 4 door Aston Martins or Lambo's, but that's not something I am looking for in any realistic sense.

The Panamera would replace a Volvo Cross Country in my stable, lol.

That interior on the Panamera looks great, an awesome car to drive long distances.

Last edited by BuddyK; 02-21-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd rather vote across a more comprehensive selection. How about adding in the other competitors?

Personally, if I wanted a sedan, I'd get the QP S, but I don't want one much at all. It's only brand loyalty that would steer me towards a the Panablanda, but then, only once there's a model that's affordable (ie. second hand) and better than the '05 Cayenne Turbo S -- I have the factory Power Kit version ... 520+ HP, relatively understated looks for around here, more oomph under the right pedal and huge brakes, which I had to use recently when someone took an on-ramp and crossed two lanes to park in front of me at 50 mph on Hwy 80 in Oakland with the four lanes of traffic bustling along at 80+ ... the Cayenne responded, washed off 30 mph in 1 second, downshifted to 4th automatically ready for the lane-change and overtake before the car behind me came flying in, horn blaring (funny how that driver was so upset, but had time to work the horn and headlights rather than the brakes even though he had all the extra distance from behind me plus the warning of my brake lights ...)
Old 02-21-2009, 11:45 PM
mbslrm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BuddyK
I was a passenger in a Quattroporte, and the interior was very very luxurious and the ride very smooth. The best part was the sound though - really nice ferrari motors in these. I don't know though, it's not the sort of car that you actually end up driving to the limit - it's an executive show off car - too nice. It's a bit of a limo. Although I am sure it does have excellent performance potential.

I'd expect the Panamera to be meant to be driven. I dunno, though - I want to see one in the wild.

For what my opinion is worth I don't know - I'll consider a Panamera when I can get a used one for under $50K - then I am interested for sure.

Quatroporte is just not a possibility around here, neither is Bentley. I'd love one of those 4 door Aston Martins or Lambo's, but that's not something I am looking for in any realistic sense.

The Panamera would replace a Volvo Cross Country in my stable, lol.

That interior on the Panamera looks great, an awesome car to drive long distances.
Yeah, I guess that's true...
Old 03-23-2009, 12:25 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I seen the Panamera in person, two things:

1) The sound is intoxicating...at least the Turbo with PDK that I had the opportunity to listen to...while at Weissach

2) The QP has it beat by a long mile in the design category...no question about it...and as for size the Panamera is mammoth!

But that's just my opinion...

Quick Reply: Would you rather have a Quattroporte?