SUV with most back friendly seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts
Default SUV with most back friendly seats

I do a fair amount of highway driving and have a diva back. I will need to replace my Touareg soon, and am considering other SUV's. The Touareg has been ok, but I still get a sore back after a few hours in that vehicle also.

My wife's Lexus LS 460 is a very comfortable ride. Does anyone know if the RX 350 Lexus SUV seats would provide a similar quality ride? A friend told me that the SUV ride wasn't as comfortable as the sedan.

I am also considering the Nissan Murano Platinum as the seats in that vehicle are nice. I am leaning towards Lexus just from a standpoint of reliability. I hate wasting time with repair shop visits.

This being a Porsche forum, I'll say that yes I'm considering the Cayenne and Macan. Both of those would likely be more than I want to spend on a DD, plus based on my Touareg experience, I'm concerned about long trip back comfort.

Any input appreciated.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:09 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Hands down, it's the 20-way multi-contour seats in the BMW X5/X6. I've never been in a vehicle with more comfortable seats, and I'm hardly the first guy to say that. They were as perfect as I can imagine an automobile seat to be.

Unfortunately, they're going to be hard to find in anything but a loaded X5, and my loaded X5 was the least reliable vehicle I've ever owned by a long shot.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:24 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
I do a fair amount of highway driving and have a diva back. I will need to replace my Touareg soon, and am considering other SUV's. The Touareg has been ok, but I still get a sore back after a few hours in that vehicle also.

My wife's Lexus LS 460 is a very comfortable ride. Does anyone know if the RX 350 Lexus SUV seats would provide a similar quality ride? A friend told me that the SUV ride wasn't as comfortable as the sedan.

I am also considering the Nissan Murano Platinum as the seats in that vehicle are nice. I am leaning towards Lexus just from a standpoint of reliability. I hate wasting time with repair shop visits.

This being a Porsche forum, I'll say that yes I'm considering the Cayenne and Macan. Both of those would likely be more than I want to spend on a DD, plus based on my Touareg experience, I'm concerned about long trip back comfort.

Any input appreciated.
Hey Mark...I have a LS F-Sport an my wife has a new RX 350 F-Sport with every option. I've driven it from Miami to Orlando in December, a good 3 1/2 hour trip and the F-Sport seats are good. I prefer them to my LS. I do wish it had the seat extender that our LS has. The ride isn't as plush as the LS and compared to some of the competition the seats in the RX don't offer as many adjustments.

So far its been bulletproof. My clip of it below since I changed wheels naturally.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeF_Vossen
Hey Mark...I have a LS F-Sport an my wife has a new RX 350 F-Sport with every option. I've driven it from Miami to Orlando in December, a good 3 1/2 hour trip and the F-Sport seats are good. I prefer them to my LS. I do wish it had the seat extender that our LS has. The ride isn't as plush as the LS and compared to some of the competition the seats in the RX don't offer as many adjustments. So far its been bulletproof. My clip of it below since I changed wheels naturally. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJJE2FdXb5I
Good info, thanks Mike!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:37 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

Three of us drove a new Macan turbo from CO to Monterey for Rennsport last year. We were all very comfortable in the rear seat when we changed drivers. Two of us were over 6 ft. No complaints.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:15 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer

My wife's Lexus LS 460 is a very comfortable ride. Does anyone know if the RX 350 Lexus SUV seats would provide a similar quality ride?

Any input appreciated.
My LX makes me feel like I am sitting on the couch When I drive my sister's RX it has a much firmer feel. I prefer the LX for long trips. The Cayenne and Macan are going to give you the feel of a sports car - much stiffer ride and you will need to actually drive them.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:09 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Königin
My LX makes me feel like I am sitting on the couch When I drive my sister's RX it has a much firmer feel. I prefer the LX for long trips. The Cayenne and Macan are going to give you the feel of a sports car - much stiffer ride and you will need to actually drive them.
True..the LX is superb..though quite a bit more! I've always enjoyed my time in it. The 3rd row isn't as bad as one would think either.

Quick Reply: SUV with most back friendly seats