New Toy - 2017 Viper ACR Extreme 1 of 28

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:07 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New Toy - 2017 Viper ACR Extreme 1 of 28

Hello Porsche Fans,

Been buying as of late the GT series line of Porsche. "Porsche made for the track, stays on the track." However, lately I've noticed a huge trend of the GT series line going well over MSRP, thus creating a bubble in the secondary market. For most of us Porsche GT cars owners I suppose that is a healthy thing, not to mention the fun and enjoyment of driving our Porsche GT cars, on the road or on the track.

I've read a lot of posts from members here how much they enjoyed their Viper ACR. Then, did my research how the Viper ACR broke several records. This year is the last production year by Dodge on the Viper ACR, after twenty-five straight years of production run. So, I ordered last summer which sold out quickly in forty minutes the day it was launched to the buying public, the 1:28 Viper ACR Extreme, of what I thought is a great track weapon. Attached is my newly delivered 2017 Viper ACR Extreme 1 of 28.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 12-07-2016, 03:30 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratulations that's awesome! Not awesome to see snow on the ground as the car is delivered though, that's no fun.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:21 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Congratulations that's awesome! Not awesome to see snow on the ground as the car is delivered though, that's no fun.
Thank you for your kind words and compliments HRE_Julian.

I was surprised they made it into production early. I agree with the snow in the ground, not a pretty sight. For now it will be in my warehouse until the weather gets better spring next year and that's when I will share and experience how good of a track car this bad boy toy really is.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 12-07-2016, 10:03 PM
skru_fase
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Wicked purchase!! I was on the track in one this summer (a regular ACR though), amazing car... Interested to hear how you find it compares to an RS.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:11 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Hello skru_fase,

Than you for your kind words and compliments. Yes I was drawn with the writeup I have read on numerous forums about this V-10 Naturally Aspirated and stick shift, Viper ACR Extreme. Too bad we had four inches of snow last night and another three to five inches by the days end, here in Illinois. Winter is here alright.

I was fortunate enough to order real early to secure of the twenty-eight copies of this 2017 Extreme 1:28 (signifies Laguna Seca lap time, and tribute to the Viper ACR model designation). Lately I have been on a craze about manual/stick shift, after my 911R, GT4, and now this Viper ACR. Looking forward to this summer to discover the brute power of this Viper ACR.

LINK:
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/supe...re-last-four#1

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by skru_fase
Wicked purchase!! I was on the track in one this summer (a regular ACR though), amazing car... Interested to hear how you find it compares to an RS.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:19 AM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

I always love it when those trucks arrive at the track
Old 12-12-2016, 12:49 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

I had recorded a feature on the production and development of the new Viper on my DVR. Watched it last night and was quite impressed by the performance, looks, and craftsmanship involved in the creation of these beasts.

I'm a Porsche fan of course but you can't help but be proud as an American that they're building a car of this caliber with domestic workers right in Detroit. Can't wait to read your review on how it performs on the track!
Old 01-01-2017, 12:30 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Get a set of Finnspeed wheels (18" diameter up front) and some Sottozeros. I DARE you! ;-)

My 2017 ACR-E is supposed to arrive in April. Looking forward to picking it up at the plant and driving it home.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:26 PM
VossenWheels
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing race car!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:29 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:24 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911Königin
I always love it when those trucks arrive at the track
I am in the process of buying a "Trailex" brand trailer to tow the car to the track. We will see how it goes.

Originally Posted by fpena944
I had recorded a feature on the production and development of the new Viper on my DVR. Watched it last night and was quite impressed by the performance, looks, and craftsmanship involved in the creation of these beasts.

I'm a Porsche fan of course but you can't help but be proud as an American that they're building a car of this caliber with domestic workers right in Detroit. Can't wait to read your review on how it performs on the track!
It is indeed amazing what Dodge did to this Viper. To me for the price you pay for this toy it certainly is a bargain IMHO. [/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by LastMezger
Get a set of Finnspeed wheels (18" diameter up front) and some Sottozeros. I DARE you! ;-)

My 2017 ACR-E is supposed to arrive in April. Looking forward to picking it up at the plant and driving it home.
Lets see how the original tires and wheels perform. Congrats on your purchase. Your ACR-Extreme is on the second batch of production and mine was on the first batch of production.

Originally Posted by VossenWheels
Amazing race car!
It is a valid race car with license plates.

Originally Posted by unotaz
Congrats!!
Thank you unotaz. You have a great collection of cars!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Quick Reply: New Toy - 2017 Viper ACR Extreme 1 of 28