Notices

The New Bugatti Veyron... The Chiron

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The New Bugatti Veyron... The Chiron

Bugatti is at is again with a new super-duper fast car with 1500 BHP and a supposed top speed of 288 MPH. The funny thing about the Chiron, I'm on cell and would post a pic if I felt like going through the 50 step Process, is it looks A LOT like the Veyron. So I'm just wondering why Bugatti just didn't keep the Veyron name and just call it the newer model of the Veyron.

But the original form of the Veyron and now Chiron I highly doubt Ettore Bugatti would approve of. However I do like the Gungloff because it's form is something more akin to what Ettore or his father would approve of; looking more like a Bugatti from the 20s-50s.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:16 PM
SNB
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Could you please post the pic you have? Really interested in how it will look. The Veyron never did it for me and here is hoping the Chiron looks more exciting. There has been some chatter that some people have already seen it in the flesh at the factory, primarily from Lovecars on instagram
Old 08-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the moment I'm unable to post a picture of the Chiron (Veyron Mk. II) because I'm on my cell and it's a B!t.... well you know.
Just go to GOOGLE IMAGES and perform a search for Bugatti Chiron. From the photos of the car it is obvious that the styling has been through several iterations; but it is all too obvious that this attempt at creating a new car is a successor to the Veyron. Bugatti even went as far as to give one of the test car's the color schema of the Super Sport or Vitesse(SP?) Veyron (Orange and Black).
To go slightly off topic I find it funny how much Buyer's remorse was involved with the Veyron. Especially for those people who at the time could afford to buy the car but after receiving their order and driving it for a little while realize that they didn't want the car and would rather have the money instead - what happened to Jenson Button. I imagine however if you are a Billionaire it wouldn't make that great of an impact. But I see the Veyron and now Chiron as rich toy fad's. Extremely fast fad's but fad's none the less. Really does one need a car you are more than likely never to Max Out with a top speed off 288 MPH. And at roughly $2.5MM American, probably will still lose money on each copy, there are other car's one would rather have. If one will spend such money on one car brand new it will more than likely be a depreciating asset. It's what happened to the Veyron, but not the LaF, P1 and 918 either and I don't know if the last three cars will suffer from depreciation if so not anytime soon. And I remember when us Porsche folk were talking about how tough and long it took to sell out of the 918 while the P1's and LaFerrari's sold out overnight. And now we find the 918 selling for a good $1.25MM on the very low end. And going 3 for 6 against the fastest Veyrons on the quarter mile without launch control engaged! Out of the 3 Hyper Cars just ask me which one I would rather have? Yes the 918 and not because it is a Porsche.
Anyway that went off topic for me as usual.
/End Babbling
/Back on Topic
Old 08-09-2015, 04:16 PM
SNB
Advanced

I have seen some of the images on Google and other sites but as the guys at Lovecar have said on Instagram it doesn't look anything like the renderings online. So I hoped you have an image of the actual thing as in its different than the images online.

I personally don't feel one way or the other about the Veyron, I have seen a Veyron twice and it looked great to me but ugly in pictures. Many of the auto-journalist say its boring and not exciting but as I have never been in one nor can I afford one, I cannot comment on that aspect of the Veyron. I personally feel that Hypercars in general are useless to some degree. Nobody really needs a Hypercar but it is wanted, and remember that a Billionaire can afford more than one Hypercar so I doubt any of the owners feel any regret because year after year they will buy the next great thing.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:55 AM
SNB
Advanced

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115081197678/blurry-spy-photo-shows-a-heavily-camouflaged-bugatti

Article with a really low quality picture of the Chiron. Now the article says that it is the production body but it looks really similiar to the Veyron SuperSport to my eyes. Any thought?
Old 08-17-2015, 01:51 PM
trev0006
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Bugatti Chiron prototype spies at LAX Los Angeles Airport

From the article:
The attached photos were taken at Los Angeles LAX airport and unfortunately there’s not much to talk about in terms of how it will look like as the vehicles were covered up pretty good, but at least we can see that one of the vehicles has the rear wing extended.

Photos and article - Bugatti Chiron prototype spies at LAX Los Angeles Airport

Old 01-31-2017, 08:25 PM
TopspeedPT
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM
TopspeedPT
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

Quick Reply: The New Bugatti Veyron... The Chiron