Notices

OT - Z/28 at the 'Ring: 7:37 wet lap

Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kosmo
I saw that. As more of a track purist (whatever that is) I have no interest in SC or turbo. The SC will add desperately not needed weight, add heat soak, upset the balance. How soon people forget (not you Kosmo) that GT2RS is a 500hp (or less car) when it's hot (500hp WITH throttle lag).

Give me NA please. And the Z/28 is so highly developed by the factory, other than maybe a LiON battery and titanium header-back exhaust, I have no desire at all to molest it. Just tool around town and set TT records as needed at the local SCCA events...lol

On a tangential note- Callaway "curiously" timed a raft of their PR to show up in internet search results a couple days ahead of the embargo end date for the Chevy Barber event and I personally thought that was...sleazy and really low-class. And what appears to be a sock-puppet has been posting for them on another forum. My Callaway impression has not been positive.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1:36 is fast!!!! It's going to get harder and harder to deny this car is real deal. I like it more and more. Now getting to full fledged want!

Like i said. Sleeper track car. I'm pretty sure Reese *** in his C7 with complete aero only did a 1:35 on hoosiers. And Reese drove world challenge too. A good driver in this car will be a force to reckon with, for just about anything IMO. Including Corvettes.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

An aftermarket blower on the 7.0L LS7 that will be flogged on track is a recipe for disaster. Only get the Callaway package if you want bragging rights at the Zaino sponsored car shows.

Really loving this new Z/28. Here's hoping GM applies some of the "know how" and desire to a track focused version of the C7 and I'm all-in.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:56 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

faster than M4, TT S, C7 Vette...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT - Z/28 at the 'Ring: 7:37 wet lap