Notices

Who's 996 with graphics and BBS was this?

Old 11-21-2015, 02:04 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Who's 996 with graphics and BBS was this?

From the october 24 cars'n'coffee.

I wanted to ask the owner of the 996 in the background about his engine and intake but misplaced name and contact info, if I even got it.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:03 PM
rbahr
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

That would be mine.

The motor is bone stock except for the exhaust and the intake has been modded to accommodate for the lid / wing. The suspension OTOH is a completely different matter. Search on my handle for details.

Ray
Old 01-01-2016, 07:19 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks, Ray. It was so nice meeting you. When you say "stock", what is stock, exactly? I never understood whether your car is a cup car? Sorry for betraying more of my ignorance, just loved how your ride communicated with the crowd there
Old 01-01-2016, 10:55 AM
rbahr
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

To start with, the car is mostly a track car. The drive to the coffee meetup is the longest trip I have made off the track at one time...

The motor is a stock 2004 GT3 motor. The car came with a cup car exhaust which ended up being to loud for most anything - it was the 110db version. I managed to get a European GT3R race exhaust which actually makes it streetable and meets noise requirements at the local tracks. The wing / lid is a GT3 Grand AM part which does not allow for the rear fan - which is not really needed. So I removed the fan and then had to modify the airbox to allow the lid to close.

The suspension is a much more complicates story - which I can get into later - send me an email - I PMed you my address.

If you are not to far from Carlisle, (near Chelmsford / Lowell) you are welcome to swing by and I can put the car on the lift and go over stuff...

Happy new year!

Ray

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who's 996 with graphics and BBS was this?