2014 New England Fun Run Drive MA, RI, Eastern CT

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2014 New England Fun Run Drive MA, RI, Eastern CT

Hi Guys,

Several of you attended our drive in 2012, and it was a lot of fun. Many people have asked about doing another drive. So we are! Today, I did a practice run with Tom, who helped with our last drive. The roads look good, no nasty pot holes or construction. Our lunch destination/turn around point will be the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret, CT.

So far the dates suggested are 7/5 , 7/6, 7/19 or 7/20. Please PM or email me at Rolexkosmo@aol.com with the date that you prefer. Please do not post your votes for the date here as I do not want to clutter this post with people's votes. Once we know which date is best for most attendees I will post it here with additional information.

Not sure if some of us will meet in MA, and then have an RI meeting spot for those that want to join the drive from a bit further South. If you are interested in the drive, please PM or email me your name, the car you will be driving, and YOUR PHONE NUMBER, so that we can be sure you are on the list and more importantly that we can contact you with any last minute changes such as a rain date/cancellation.

Best regards,
Dino

Below are some pix from our last drive.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:31 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Default Date for the Drive Saturday, July 19, 2014

The date has been revised and is now on Sunday, July 20, 2014. We will be driving from North Kingstown, RI to a lunch destination at a local cafe in Pomfret CT and depending on timing we may also stop at an ice cream shop on the way back.

Here are some of the details for the drive:

Date: Sunday, July 20, 2014
Time: Starting Point at 10:00 AM
Starting Point: Starbucks, 1370 Ten Rod Road, North Kingstown, RI
Departure Time: 10:30 AM
Lunch: www.thevanillabeancafe.com/
Route: The route will take us from North Kingstown, RI to Pomfret, CT where we will stop for lunch. From there we will loop back on another stretch of road back into North Kingstown, RI.

Below is a rough head count for those who confirmed. About one week before the drive we will send emails or PM's to those that are definitely going with the route and directions.

1. Tom (996 Turbo)
2. Dino (981 Cayman S)
3. Eduardo (997)
4. Mike S. (986 Boxster)
5. Tony (997S Cab)
6. Chee (Lotus Elise)
7. Juan (986 Boxster)
8. Rob (Lotus Evora S)
9. Michael (Lotus Elise)
10. Scott (991 TT S Cab)
11. Marty (986 Boxster)
12. Bill (987 Cayman S)
13. Ed (987 Cayman S)
14. Ray ( BMW M6)
15. Rose (Lotus Elise)
16. Ray (986 Boxster S)

This should be a great time
with fellow car nuts and some nice less traveled B roads!

If you are not on the list and you want to go please contact me via PM or send me an email at Rolexkosmo@aol.com
Please provide your name, the car you will be driving, an email address where we can send you the driving route/info, and a cell number so we can text or call you with any potential last minute changes.

SORRY LIST OF ATTENDEES IS CLOSED. We want to keep things manageable.

Best regards,
Dino

Last edited by Dino944; 07-19-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:23 PM
porscheLMP
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new member here! just wanted to drop by and say hi to everyone. wife and i just picked up a nice cpo 2012 carrera S. loving the car so far, and looking forward to participating in some fun events this summer. not sure if we can make it to this little drive you guys have scheduled, as we live on the other side of the state.

are there any members down in the fairfield county area? we joined up with the PCA, and it's CT valley region as well. unfortunately, there are no forums that i can find on either site....am i missing something?

glad to be here, and look forward to making some new friends this summer! cheers!

-bryan
Old 05-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Bryan,

Congrats on your new car. Wishing you lots if luck and enjoyment with it. All of our regular attendees for our meets are from MA & RI. If you are looking to meet people in your part of CT, I suggest you start your own thread with a title informing people you are a new owner looking to meet other owners based in CT.

Good luck and congrats,
Dino
Old 07-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Default Date of the Drive Changed to Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to mention that the date of the drive had to be changed to Sunday, July 20, 2014. Hopefully, most of our previous attendees will not be affected and possibly a few people that could not go on Saturday, will now be able to go since it has been moved to Sunday. If interested in attending please email or PM me with the the car you will be driving, your name, and a cell number so we can call or text you if there is a last minute rain cancellation etc.

All other details remain the same.
Best regards,
Dino
Old 07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
kev_song
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dino. I'm going to be down at Foxwoods that weekend. Maybe I can meet up with you guys that Sunday somewhere on the route
Old 07-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hey Kevin,

Sure, send me an email at Rolexkosmo@aol.com and I'll send you details about the route (lots of back roads), etc., and hopefully you can join us for some of the drive.

Cheers,
Dino
Old 07-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Dino944
Drifting

I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out for our drive. The weather ended up being pretty good and we had a great group of cars and drivers. We had 17 cars (even with 2 cancelling), so thank goodness for 2 way radios. We had plenty of Porsches, 987 Caymans, 996 TT, 981 Cayman S, 986 Boxsters, 997s, a 997TTS Cab, Kevin brought his 991 TTS Cab, Ray brought and M, Tony brought his Ferrari California, and we had 4 Lotus Elises. Lots of people brought friends, spouses, dad's etc, so it was a nice family event. Seems like everyone had a great time. Hopefully, we will be able to work in another drive maybe in the fall.

Below are a few pix Jill snapped. Since we were positioned in the last half of the group to keep an eye on those at the back, we may not have gotten photos of your car if you were at the front...sorry about that,...but that just means you had a better qualifying time than some of your fellow drivers

Best regards,
Dino

Last edited by Dino944; 07-25-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 New England Fun Run Drive MA, RI, Eastern CT