- You mention that you replaced the subframes. Was this to achieve additional lowering? I had hoped to be able to lower the car enough to fit to the RSR style bodywork by going to appropriate coilovers and replacing the uprights on the rear suspension with rsr pieces (of course with the appropriate adjustable control arms, etc.). Will this be enough?
- If I were to try to retain the original intercooler air openings (sort of like the new rsr but not as wide :-) )is there any room left for ducts/air passage over the rear wheels?
- What sized tires are you running?
Thank you - and sorry to bother you with so many questions. Pleas do post more pics of your car!
Aside from that, I do have some questions if you don't mind:
- I think I recognized the Albert Racing logos on the packing tape of the box with the RSbody pieces. You mention that the kit is good. Do you think it is good enough for use on a street car without huge amounts of reworking? Is the glass thick enough?
- the front bumper. I read that you purchased RSR radiators and ducting. I think I would like to avoid this due to the added expense. I'd either go with a Cup R style bumper (street car radiators and ducting, openings in the fender behind the front wheels to exit the air) as in the Orbit Racing conversion or block off the side openings in the RSR bumper. As this is just to be a club event and street car I am not interested in going to a flat bottom etc. Do you know if the bumper will fit over the 996 radiators and ducting w/o problems? Do you foresee any other problems by going down this route?
- How much lower is the RSR in front and rear?
I am in the process of deciding what to do as a next project and would like to build a 997 rsr look car based on a 996tt or GT2 for street/track combined use. I have read little bits and pieces of your build details here at Rennlist - and I was quite happy to find the thread at 6speed. Unfortunately you stopped posting there... (why? - there are several people asking).
I would love to see more pics and details on your build. Is there any place where you have this info online? Even if it's in Swedish - I'll google translate it :-p .