Notices

It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!

VR's originally challenge:
Hey, cupcake, I challenge you to tow the ExcuseMachine to Texas World Speedway for the PCA event September 15-16.

I will beat your best lap time, in DE conditions, by at least 5 seconds . We will do this UNofficially, of course, since DE's are non-timed events, but I will bring a digital camera & we can photograph the best lap time displayed on your lap timer each time you or I take to the track.

If I fail to do so, I will reimburse you fully for your DE registration fees and your hotel costs that weekend.

Well?
Below summarizes the terms that has been discussed and agreed by GR & VR so far. GR will update this post as needed.

- The challenge will occur during PCA @ TWS during Sept 15/16, 2007.

- GR will drive FartMachine from Richmond, CA (94805) to TWS. Estimated cost on gas is approximately $600 (based on 25 mpg estimate and the entire trip length is just under 4000 miles round trip). VR has requested GR to keep gas receipts. GR will be alloted 3 days to drive there and 3 days back. GR will also keep receipts for hotels. If GR wins VR will pay the actual receipt amount of gas/hotel x2 (to cover return leg too). GR has the option to tow FM out to Texas, in which case the fuel cost will increase by about 2-2.5x which basically raise the stake higher; more for GR to lose/win. Fuel receipts will be kept.

- GR will sign up and pay for his entry fees in advance (give me sign up info VR).

- The TWS VR Challenge = if VR beats GR by 5 seconds or more, GR doesn't get compensated one dime for time or money spent. However, if GR gets with in 5 seconds of VR's lap time VR will fully reimburse the cost of the entire trip including entry fee, gas, hotel.

- FartMachine is equipped with AMB transponder. The lap time differential will be based on the AMB. I assume AMB is used in Texas. FM will also be equipped with XT Racing's UltraLap timing system.

- Every session will be data logged on Race Technology DL90 as well as the in car camera rolling.

- VR will be responsible for all damages including flat spotting the tire, going off track, contacts with other cars or walls. One other possibility will be mis-shifting. GR has $10,000 invested in FartMachine right now (although the car is worth more around $12,000) and that is the max VR will have to pay.

- VR will not be held accountable for any mechanical failures that results from natural wear & tear, ie spun rod bearing, should it occur.

Last edited by GhettoRacer; 08-17-2007 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
That is quite an ambitious in GR's opinion but since VR is so confident... despite having never been at TWS GR feels he should be able to defend himself and stay with in 5 sec. of VR. 5 seconds is eternity and I don't think even my favorite driver Senna can beat me in my own car by that much... on a 2-2:30 minute track. But maybe VR is that good. Or does he have some sort of cheating bastard tactics brewed up?!?!

GR asked VR to pay for gas and hotels too, should he win since GR has to invest lot of time just to get FartMachine there he needs to be rewarded fairly if he wins. Finally VR agreed to be reasonable and cover the gas.

Below summarizes the terms that has been discussed and agreed by GR & VR so far. GR will update this post.

- GR will drive FartMachine from Richmond, CA (94805) to TWS. Estimated cost on gas is approximately $600 and the entire trip length is just under 4000 miles round trip. VR has requested GR to keep gas recipts. GR will be alloted 3 days to drive there and 3 days back. Hotel + 3 basic meals = $100 a day so ~$600 total for hotel/means. GR will also keep receipts for hotel + meals.
- GR will sign up and pay for his entry fees in advance ~$300.
- The TWS VR Challenge = if VR beats GR by 5 seconds or more, GR doesn't get compensated one dime for time or money spent. However, if GR gets with in 5 seconds of VR's lap time VR will fully reimburse the cost of the entire trip including entry fee, gas, hotel. Estimated to be around $1500 value. This does not factor in value of time of 6 days GR has to spent on the road which GR stands to lose no matter what.
- FartMachine is equipped with AMB transponder. The lap time differential will be based on the AMB. I assume AMB is used in Texas.
- Every session will be data logged on Race Technology DL90 as well as the in car camera rolling.
- Once the terms are agreed upon VR will send $1500 to a neutral 3rd party for Escrow. This is fair since GR is paying for his own entry fee + gas/hotel all out of pocket initially.
Oh my god, jester, you were right: He is going insane...he is referring to himself in the third person!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
jester911
Drifting

Maybe he is having an out of body experience.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Hey, let's not rile him up too much... he agreed to the challenge.

Only problem is: I don't think that VR is going to like the idea of escrow. GR, you don't believe that with multiple people on this forum present at the track in September, personally watching you two guys, that VR wouldn't pay up (IF you win, which I'm willing to bet you won't)?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:59 PM
jester911
Drifting

Never happen. He is counting on VR not accepting the escrow.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Eharrison says, "Right on....."
Old 07-27-2007, 03:02 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by weneversleep

Only problem is: I don't think that VR is going to like the idea of escrow. GR, you don't believe that with multiple people on this forum present at the track in September, personally watching you two guys, that VR wouldn't pay up (IF you win, which I'm willing to bet you won't)?
Cash is even better. As for tards that are now back on my ignore list. Don't worry they are never being un ignore again. I've had enough of their ignorance and they are not going to waste another second of my life.

Since you're local, can you link me up to the sign up info? Do you know which config we'll be running at TWS. I'm definitely looking forward to this... EXCEPT the 4000 miles round trip part. I'm going to set aside extra day to get there. I hope there will be no mechanical trouble. It's a Honda... it should be fine.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:07 PM
jester911
Drifting

I've had enough of their ignorance and they are not going to waste another second of my life.

Yeah since it is so productive otherwise.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Originally Posted by weneversleep

Yeah, let's not make him mad
He may never talk to us again and we have to go back to watching Dr. Phil for entertainment
Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

As for tards that are now back on my ignore list. Don't worry they are never being un ignore again. I've had enough of their ignorance and they are not going to waste another second of my life.
Then why are you reading my post right now?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I wish TWS was closer to Chicago. I'd love to see this happen.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Originally Posted by LoanWolf
Yeah, let's not make him mad
He may never talk to us again and we have to go back to watching Dr. Phil for entertainment
True, true. I just thought we might have a live one on the string...
Old 07-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

My comments in BOLD:

That is quite an ambitious in GR's opinion but since VR is so confident... despite having never been at TWS GR feels he should be able to defend himself and stay with in 5 sec. of VR. 5 seconds is eternity and I don't think even my favorite driver Senna can beat me in my own car by that much... on a 2-2:30 minute track. But maybe VR is that good. Or does he have some sort of cheating bastard tactics brewed up?!?!

GR asked VR to pay for gas and hotels too, should he win since GR has to invest lot of time just to get FartMachine there he needs to be rewarded fairly if he wins. Finally VR agreed to be reasonable and cover the gas.

Below summarizes the terms that has been discussed and agreed by GR & VR so far. GR will update this post as needed.

- GR will drive FartMachine from Richmond, CA (94805) to TWS. Estimated cost on gas is approximately $600 and the entire trip length is just under 4000 miles round trip. VR has requested GR to keep gas recipts. GR will be alloted 3 days to drive there and 3 days back. Hotel + 3 basic meals = $100 a day so ~$600 total for hotel/means. GR will also keep receipts for hotel + meals.

I WILL REIMBURSE ACTUAL COSTS, NOT YOUR HIGH SIDE ESTIMATES, SHOULD YOU WIN. ALSO, I WILL NOT REIMBURSE YOUR MEALS IN ANY WAY.

- GR will sign up and pay for his entry fees in advance ~$300.
- The TWS VR Challenge = if VR beats GR by 5 seconds or more, GR doesn't get compensated one dime for time or money spent. However, if GR gets with in 5 seconds of VR's lap time VR will fully reimburse the cost of the entire trip including entry fee, gas, hotel. Estimated to be around $1500 value. This does not factor in value of time of 6 days GR has to spent on the road which GR stands to lose no matter what.

AGAIN, REMOVE YOUR ESTIMATED VALUE. I WILL NOT AGREE WITH AN ESTIMATE, PAPER BOY. WHATEVER ACTUAL COSTS ARE, BACKED UP BY RECEIPTS, ARE WHAT I AM OFFERING, AND NO MORE.

- FartMachine is equipped with AMB transponder. The lap time differential will be based on the AMB. I assume AMB is used in Texas.
- Once the terms are agreed upon VR will send $1500 to a neutral 3rd party for Escrow. This is fair since GR is paying for his own entry fee + gas/hotel all out of pocket initially.

NOPE. WE NEVER DISCUSSED THIS (CONTRARY TO YOUR PRESUMTUOUS CLAIM ABOVE), I NEVER OFFERED THIS, NOR WILL I DO IT. WE ARE NOT RENEGOTIATING NOW, LITTLE MAN. SINCE YOU, PAPER BOY, ARE THE UNTRUSTWORTHY BAD CHECK WRITER HERE, YOU SEND ESCROW. I AM WELL KNOWN HERE, AND MY REPUTATION, UNLIKE YOURS, IS 100% SOLID.

- VR will be responsible for all damages including flat spotting the tire, going off track, contacts with other cars or walls. One other possibility will be mis-shifting. GR has $10,000 invested in FartMachine right now (although the car is worth more around $12,000).

NO PROBLEM. THIS IS THE SAME LEVEL OF ACCOUNTABILITY I HAVE WHEN I DRIVE ANYONE'S CAR.

- VR will not be held accountable for any mechanical failures that results from natural wear & tear, ie spun rod bearing, should it occur.
- FartMachine recently just received its annual tech inspection. FM currently only has a fire extinguisher but will add a fire system before Sept.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Ha...he wants you to pay for his food?!?!

(GR, stop reading my posts. You're ignoring me, remember.)
Old 07-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

He keeps asking for more & more, like the little mooch leech he is.

Quick Reply: It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!