Magnus W posts alt GT4 wheels

Old 02-13-2017, 06:30 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Haven't released anything yet but appreciate the feedback good, bad & ugly. Expected it to be polarizing of course but to be honest as a 911 guy first and foremost we figured doing something that reminded us more of a 911 at a glance vs the 981 shape... That and just doing something different than the standard/safe 10 spoke or BBS mesh which we've done a gazillion times. With PCCBs and a crazy offset it was quite challenging to make a 3 piece wheel with hidden hardware to look like the Outlaw 2 piece / fuchs style rim. Most people in person seemed to enjoy it.

With what we're doing with this we think of this car like a toy with our silly bits on it and big uprights on together with the wheels it does sort of look like a hotwheels car which is not by coincidence (more on that later but...). The stock ones were fine/dandy if a bit dull.

PS as a side note I'd advise anyone with PCCB calipers and stock wheels to take the fronts off and see just how much paint has been taken off of the caliper... You'll also find some carved out rings on the inner barrel. Fitment was obviously too tight from the factory... grumble.
Attached Images     
Old 02-14-2017, 02:18 AM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Haven't released anything yet but appreciate the feedback good, bad & ugly. Expected it to be polarizing of course but to be honest as a 911 guy first and foremost we figured doing something that reminded us more of a 911 at a glance vs the 981 shape... That and just doing something different than the standard/safe 10 spoke or BBS mesh which we've done a gazillion times. With PCCBs and a crazy offset it was quite challenging to make a 3 piece wheel with hidden hardware to look like the Outlaw 2 piece / fuchs style rim. Most people in person seemed to enjoy it.

With what we're doing with this we think of this car like a toy with our silly bits on it and big uprights on together with the wheels it does sort of look like a hotwheels car which is not by coincidence (more on that later but...). The stock ones were fine/dandy if a bit dull.

PS as a side note I'd advise anyone with PCCB calipers and stock wheels to take the fronts off and see just how much paint has been taken off of the caliper... You'll also find some carved out rings on the inner barrel. Fitment was obviously too tight from the factory... grumble.
I think the wheels are badass. Magnus paint scheme up next?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:46 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I like the wheels. Keep up the Good Stuff!
Old 02-14-2017, 04:17 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hell no!
Old 02-14-2017, 12:59 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bk_911
I think the wheels are badass. Magnus paint scheme up next?
Cheers man and going to keep on having fun that's for sure
Originally Posted by Buteo
I like the wheels. Keep up the Good Stuff!
Thanks mate!
Old 02-14-2017, 01:50 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Hah, that was exactly my impression when I saw them - very hot wheels toy, mission accomplished!
Old 02-14-2017, 03:58 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ajw45
Hah, that was exactly my impression when I saw them - very hot wheels toy, mission accomplished!
Well the mini-one is in the werks:P That'll take longer to build than the big daddy
Old 02-17-2017, 04:22 PM
coffeeycups
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thumbds down
Old 02-20-2017, 05:40 PM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

lol
Old 02-20-2017, 09:32 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,199 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Do your thing. It's boring if everyone has the same stock looking rides.

The second studio pic looks pretty cool. I'm wondering if these look different in person.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:31 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 90 Posts

Remember the scene in Talladega Nights... "don't put that evil on me"
Old 02-21-2017, 01:53 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rk-d
Do your thing. It's boring if everyone has the same stock looking rides.

The second studio pic looks pretty cool. I'm wondering if these look different in person.
Hah thanks and yep we'll keep swimming

Originally Posted by aryork
Remember the scene in Talladega Nights... "don't put that evil on me"
LOL too funny!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnus W posts alt GT4 wheels