Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Market

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:57 PM
dave885
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again to everyone who provided input, insights, humor and opinions.

I couldn't wait until Geneva, even with the GTS4 RS chatter, so pretty sure my search (but not the journey) has come to an end.

I chased a few cars, but was too slow and missed out.

I veered into looking at 911 GTS's and assorted other cars (C7 Z06), but found what I think checks all (or almost all) the boxes for me: Certified with LWB's at MSRP. Not my first choice in color (which was guards red), but in my top 3.

Once I actually complete the transaction and get the car, I will post up pics (because, otherwise it didn't happen)

Thanks again for commenting.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:39 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dave885
Thanks again to everyone who provided input, insights, humor and opinions.

I couldn't wait until Geneva, even with the GTS4 RS chatter, so pretty sure my search (but not the journey) has come to an end.

I chased a few cars, but was too slow and missed out.

I veered into looking at 911 GTS's and assorted other cars (C7 Z06), but found what I think checks all (or almost all) the boxes for me: Certified with LWB's at MSRP. Not my first choice in color (which was guards red), but in my top 3.

Once I actually complete the transaction and get the car, I will post up pics (because, otherwise it didn't happen)

Thanks again for commenting.
Nice. Looking forward to pics and further details.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

We live in a world where "Pix and it didn't happen" is the norm.

Looking forward to seeing pictures and details.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:26 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams955
I just purchased a black on black stripper with no options and 3000 miles for $85K from Porsche St. Louis. I couldn't be happier to know it has zero options. I don't care about LWB's or full leather, etc. I plan to track the car and drive it in a way it was meant for.

I also own a 2016 Cayman GTS that I ordered and is a high spec build. That car has all the goodies for a nice weekend cruiser.

The GT4 though? Nothing on it. I love it!

The GTS:

- Chris.
Chris,

Congrats - best of both worlds - track car and street car!
Old 01-21-2017, 12:41 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Just got the new Panorama. Couldn't believe it when I read 2016 GT4, gray, 3600 miles, 18 way, PCCBs, $150k or might consider trade for 2014+ 911 Turbo.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:39 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

I've never understood the pricing in Pano.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:06 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams955
I just purchased a black on black stripper with no options and 3000 miles for $85K from Porsche St. Louis. I couldn't be happier to know it has zero options. I don't care about LWB's or full leather, etc. I plan to track the car and drive it in a way it was meant for.

I also own a 2016 Cayman GTS that I ordered and is a high spec build. That car has all the goodies for a nice weekend cruiser.

The GT4 though? Nothing on it. I love it!

The GTS:

- Chris.

That's a sweet black/black no options GT4. I can tell you from personal experience that it was treated well for it's first 3K miles including a handful of enjoyable HPDE events. Glad you are enjoying it!!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a nice discussion with a future GT4 owner who uses the following pricing yardstick: KBB & NADA pricing ($85-$95k), GT4s gathering dust at dealer (maybe overpriced?), and offers to him at MSRP but vehicles not optioned to his liking (no LWBS?).

Is this a real time valuation for "new" GT4s? I see a lot of sellers on the forum who ask a substantial price for their car in hopes of recovering the usual purchase plus expenses. Are low mileage/new GT4s really selling at close to MSRP or slightly below? What happened to $10k over? Did I miss something during my nap???
Old 01-27-2017, 11:25 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
Had a nice discussion with a future GT4 owner who uses the following pricing yardstick: KBB & NADA pricing ($85-$95k), GT4s gathering dust at dealer (maybe overpriced?), and offers to him at MSRP but vehicles not optioned to his liking (no LWBS?).

Is this a real time valuation for "new" GT4s? I see a lot of sellers on the forum who ask a substantial price for their car in hopes of recovering the usual purchase plus expenses. Are low mileage/new GT4s really selling at close to MSRP or slightly below? What happened to $10k over? Did I miss something during my nap???
Dropping like a rock?
Old 01-27-2017, 11:52 AM
dave885
Track Day

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay

I think using third party valuation services (Edmunds, KBB, NADA) for this type of car doesn't work in part because they don't differentiate on some of the more "desirable" options and the limited number of cars available. Also not sure what people consider an appropriate time for gathering dust (also recognize that sold cars remain on the websites for longer than they're actually available).

The trickiest part since there are a limited number of GT4's for sale to choose from and you need to get the right mix of color and options (and miles) is actually finding one that checks enough boxes for you to pull the trigger which may make them not sell as quickly.

I think deals will always be available to someone who is patient and might be open to compromise on non-deal breaker options, yet will pull the trigger when they find the right one.

I didn't do a statistical analysis of it, but my observation is that many of those that are much higher than MSRP are those with significantly lower miles and those with more normal level of miles are priced closer to MSRP. Almost as if a 2016 model is already separating into "collector cars" and drivers.

I missed out on a car listed by a RL'er and it showed up at a dealer near me for $7k over his asking price.

I was able to find one for MSRP that met my requirements (it falls into the driver category). Supposedly getting on a carrier yesterday or today for the trip North.

Last edited by dave885; 01-27-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 01-27-2017, 12:47 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are still none listed through Porsche's website for anything less than about 5% over MSRP (with the exception of a silver one in Atlanta that was in an accident) but we can't know what they sold for. The average markup from MSRP has dropped significantly over the past year, I've been watching very closely. There are more cars at an astronomical price, as well, such as ones in the $130K range which I didn't see much of before the past few months, may be due to the time of year in warmer climates. Where I live this is the prime time to sell a big ticket automobile.

My feeling is that the prices are finally starting to see a decent drop but it doesn't seem overwhelming.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

dave885, Sounds reasonable. Congratulations on finding your car.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:57 PM
MXS
Track Day

Default South Florida GT4 market

Surprised to see The Collection in Coral Gables, FL has two GT4s for sale and Champion in Pompano Beach has four!
Listed prices are high but plenty of choice. Becoming a buyers market?
Old 01-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just traded mine in on a 997.2 GT3. Always wanted one. The powerplant is much much better. Definitely how I think the GT4 should've been. Not sure on the chassis capability yet.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:08 PM
dave885
Track Day

Car arrived today and it promptly started to snow, so it went in the garage to await better weather. So nothing other than a less than a mile trip from the pick-up spot to home for a tease.

I did take a couple pics (you can even see the snow), not the best but weather wasn't cooperating.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: GT4 Market