Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Market

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 07:31 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Cars with LWB are selling at about $5k over MSRP.
If you find one you like, buy it - they won't be making more. (assuming you want a N/A engine and 6-speed manual)
Old 01-09-2017, 07:39 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by dave885
Assuming they announce release the 991. 2 GT3 with MT, so everyone can dump their GT4?

Or the next version of the GT4?

Or both?
Yes, correct.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dave885
Assuming they announce release the 991.2 GT3 with MT, so everyone can dump their GT4?

Or the next version of the GT4?

Or both?
The 991.2 GT3 is going to be much more expensive. Sure there will be a few cars traded/sold for the GT3, but I don't think it will be as many as others think. GT3 prices are going up with the 991.2

I'm on my dealers GT3 list and will likely get an early allocation but I'm not quite sure if I get rid of the gt4...even more so a PTS gt4.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:59 PM
ciantosca
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car had 5,000 miles on it. Car was perfect, not a blemish anywhere. Paid 101k, sticker was around 103k. Also had Full expel ultimate, new tires, fabspeed sport headers, and other goodies. Be patient and you'll be rewarded.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
The 991.2 GT3 is going to be much more expensive. Sure there will be a few cars traded/sold for the GT3, but I don't think it will be as many as others think. GT3 prices are going up with the 991.2

I'm on my dealers GT3 list and will likely get an early allocation but I'm not quite sure if I get rid of the gt4...even more so a PTS gt4.
Agree - it will be $50,000-$70,000 more than your GT4. I will have the option to grab one but will need 4.0 L with 490+ hp with a manual. If not, than I do not see the value prop and will keep the GT4
Old 01-09-2017, 10:50 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

MSRP and above days are over.
Asking price and selling price are NOT the same
Old 01-09-2017, 11:15 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

The Cayman platform is really the right one for the track. That, coupled with manual transmission is simply Nirvana. I think Porsche has a hidden gem in the GT4. Now some of us might seek more power and that is available with aftermarket mods like larger TB and headers and a tune. That should bring the GT4 to something like 430 HP and smooth out the power band somewhat. Perhaps a better suspension. The package should not cost more than $20K (total cost of the car of about $120-125K). I can't see any reason to part with this thing for a GT3 that would most likely be in the $180K (assuming a few options) ballpark. That does not mean one cannot have a GT4 and a 991.2 GT3 at the same time and heck throw in a GT3RS too on top of that. The 991.2 GT3 simply cannot have a 4.0 (IMHO) as the 918 Spyder God's might get upset for having bought the limited edition 911R because the 911R then would not command as big a premium for resale. So I suspect we will have a 3.8 GT3+MT and P can squeeze out 490HP (with the help of a few tricks up their sleeve). Heck, they won't mind calling it 'the ultimate driver's car' (that always seems to work). I could pay for about a 100 DE's and get a 100 hours in seat time on the track and 10 set of tires and make me a better driver and get to enjoy my GT4 at the same time before I spend the $70K difference between the GT4 and the 991.2 GT3. There are those (myself included) that love the 911 platform too. Well then, there would be some that would sell of the GT4 or the 981 Spyder and get the 991.2 GT3. That's OK too. Someone else can then enjoy the GT4 and you would in all likelihood get back most of the money you spent on buying the GT4. However, I would rather drive my car and enjoy it while I can rather than save the miles on it for the next driver and hope that they would enjoy my car when they buy it from me. If ROI was the primary goal of this investment then it is the wrong investment to begin with. I do agree that the PTS cars probably get more in resale. However, a PTS is only PTS for the person that ordered it. For the next buyer it no longer is PTS (no different from a white or a red or a silver) unless that was the exact color they would have ordered if they had a choice in the matter. So I would say, use the car like you stole it. Leave the ROI to its own fate. No one has seen tomorrow. Its just money and YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU!!!.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:13 AM
Corrado79
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 06C2s
LONG STORY

First time I thought about moving to a GT4 was 6 months ago, walked into the dealer to check out Macans and saw it. 107 orig sticker 108 asking with 900 miles, CPO and full front wrap which made this a really good deal. I was not a big fan of the color (Hadn't been considering a GT4 or anything at that time since I was happy with the 997.1S) by the time I decided to make an offer on it 3 days later, it was gone.

Kept looking/lurking but not serious until I actually drove one on a track the first week of DEC.

Really started looking after that with a few wants but nothing set in stone except had to have CPO and no yellow or white. What I found is that anything with low miles CPO and within +10% of MSRP was selling relatively quickly here in Socal (market seems softer in other parts of the country)

I found one local at 9% over with no CPO that was a CXX special order, I was trying to hardball the dealer for the CPO thinking nobody was buying just b4 Christmas. I was wrong, car got bought by the second person to see it (side note, dealer called me and offered me the deal first and I thought they were just BS ing me to get me to move quickly) I was not in love with this car due to a couple of the CXX options that I didn't like but it was special.

When I found my GT4 it was at a dealer a little over an hour from me and they actually had two with very similar options and miles etc. one blue one silver. I went down within 2 days of it showing up on there website and getting the info I needed. When I got there somebody else was working on a deal on the silver one (I really wanted this one) so I went about looking at the blue one and driving etc. The guy left to think about it and I ended up buying the silver one literally 20 min after he left. Funny thing is my sales guy called me the next day and told me that the guy came back to buy my GT4 and ended up getting the blue one since he had been snaked for the 3rd time while looking for a GT4.
Did you buy from the Woodland Hills dealer? If so, I almost bought that silver one too. I ended up with the silver one from the McLaren dealer.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:09 AM
06C2s
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes I did buy from Woodland Hills

3 GT4's sold at dealers in last 3 weeks that I know of (all in days b4 Christmas)

108K MSRP, 1K miles sold 117K no CPO (I made offer 115K no CPO or 117 with and was turned down)
99K MSRP 5K miles sold 107K might have got CPO in deal
98K MSRP 4400 miles sold 105K with CPO

All SoCal deals, looks like we pay more than the rest of the country.:banged:But I got the car I really wanted so was willing to pay a premium
Old 01-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Raghu
I would rather drive my car and enjoy it while I can rather than save the miles on it for the next driver and hope that they would enjoy my car when they buy it from me. If ROI was the primary goal of this investment then it is the wrong investment to begin with. I do agree that the PTS cars probably get more in resale. However, a PTS is only PTS for the person that ordered it. For the next buyer it no longer is PTS (no different from a white or a red or a silver) unless that was the exact color they would have ordered if they had a choice in the matter. So I would say, use the car like you stole it. Leave the ROI to its own fate. No one has seen tomorrow. Its just money and YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU!!!.

Put this on a poster! Cheers!
Old 01-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
MSRP and above days are over.
Asking price and selling price are NOT the same
not entirely accurate... based on personal experience moving mine 3 weeks ago.

Main factors driving price:
miles
LWB or not

Here in LA, LWB cars are moving quick at much higher prices than those without.

But, reality is these cars are settling below MSRP now.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:18 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

I've been following the market and here is my take. The market still has moderately strong demand, with moderately low supply. It is near equal.

A dealer friend of mine recently took one in on trade, and has been asking $7k over, with little or no activity in past 30 days. Individuals putting theirs out there at MSRP are selling in 1 day. Used buyers really don't want to pay a premium so it has caused many cars to sit for way longer than one would expect.

I predict between now and spring you will send more of a price spread. Below MSRP for cars that have been run hard at the track, or ones that have more miles. Whereas, the truly mint, low miles, LWB cars will still fetch good money - perhaps over MSRP.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Corrado79
Advanced

Originally Posted by 06C2s
Yes I did buy from Woodland Hills

3 GT4's sold at dealers in last 3 weeks that I know of (all in days b4 Christmas)

108K MSRP, 1K miles sold 117K no CPO (I made offer 115K no CPO or 117 with and was turned down)
99K MSRP 5K miles sold 107K might have got CPO in deal
98K MSRP 4400 miles sold 105K with CPO

All SoCal deals, looks like we pay more than the rest of the country.:banged:But I got the car I really wanted so was willing to pay a premium
Wow, small world. I was tracking that silver one online and when I saw it go before Christmas, I pounced on the only other silver one left in California at the McLaren dealer right after Christmas.

What options does yours have? And how do you know the MSRP?
Old 01-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

You got the Auto Gallery GT4?
Old 01-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Corrado79
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shockwave
You got the Auto Gallery GT4?
Yes, the silver one.