Sponsored by: APR

2017 Porsche Werks Reunion East coast

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 01:58 PM
TheExiger
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there with my GT4, non-judged.

Anyone have info on the sign up for test drives at the C&C? Is there a way to sign up before the day of the event?
Old 02-21-2017, 02:36 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sign-ups at the Porsche booth are for that day only. They send a text with an expected time to show up when its getting close.

EDIT: After thinking about it I'm not sure about signing up a day in advance since I never asked. They have previously only staffed the booth and had test drives only on Friday and Saturday because Sunday is too hectic.

Last edited by TAch Miami; 02-21-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:01 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

Looks like I'll be there. Would be great to connect with RL peeps...including this Pete character.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:31 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Would've totally jumped on the NY/NJ caravan Pete, but for better or for worse at Geneva (for the GT3 unveil )
I think you have the better trip planned! Let me know if you still want to do The Dragon trip at the end of April.

Originally Posted by stout
Looks like I'll be there. Would be great to connect with RL peeps...including this Pete character.
Ha! We met briefly at the 2014 Monterey Parade. I was one of the photo guys on John Novotnak's team.

A bunch of GT4 owners will be having dinner here on Friday night (3/10) at 6PM.

http://www.joesbistro.com/index.html

Give them a call and make a reservation. It will be very busy that evening!

-Pete
Old 02-22-2017, 10:31 PM
pinmaniac
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I won't make it to Werks as I'll be working over at the Ritz (Concours employee). I organize the Cars & Coffee at the Concours. If you make it over there and see me running around say hi. I'll have my Concours name tag on - Brian Webber
Old 02-23-2017, 12:30 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by pinmaniac
I won't make it to Werks as I'll be working over at the Ritz (Concours employee). I organize the Cars & Coffee at the Concours. If you make it over there and see me running around say hi. I'll have my Concours name tag on - Brian Webber
Will do Brian!

What's the story on Saturday? Will the general public be able to see some of the cars as they're staging for the concours?
Old 02-23-2017, 10:50 AM
cars7wines
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where ans How do you register for C&C event?

Pinmaniac, how do you register for C&C How long does it generally last??Looking forward to the event...
Old 02-23-2017, 12:10 PM
pinmaniac
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Will do Brian!

What's the story on Saturday? Will the general public be able to see some of the cars as they're staging for the concours?

Saturday is the Cars & Coffee at the Concours from 9am til 1pm which is free to attend. After Cars & Coffee we clear the field and load in some cars for Sunday's Concours. Unfortunately, due to liability concerns and the large crowds we have to remove spectators during the load in; however, you can see these great cars on Sunday. You can also catch a glimpse of them driving in if you are between the Golf Club and Ritz.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:13 PM
pinmaniac
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cars7wines
Pinmaniac, how do you register for C&C How long does it generally last??Looking forward to the event...

The application for registration was available on our website (www.ameliaconcours.org) until the waitlist go so long that I had the application removed. We will begin accepting applications for 2018 in September. It usually fills up by December.

I wish we had more room as we had to turn away over 100 cars.

C&C lasts from 9am til 1pm and is on three fairways (hole 10 & 18 behind the clubhouse and hole 1 across the street).
Old 02-23-2017, 07:08 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

The application for registration was available on our website (www.ameliaconcours.org) until the waitlist go so long that I had the application removed. We will begin accepting applications for 2018 in September. It usually fills up by December. I wish we had more room as we had to turn away over 100 cars. C&C lasts from 9am til 1pm and is on three fairways (hole 10 & 18 behind the clubhouse and hole 1 across the street).
I heard the wait list overflow were getting yellow passes for the motorplex by the airport?
Old 02-24-2017, 10:10 AM
pinmaniac
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jvmax
I heard the wait list overflow were getting yellow passes for the motorplex by the airport?

Lol, not sure how these rumors get started. No, the waitlist is for the most part not getting in. The yellow passes are for the cars being displayed on the 1st fairway (also known as MotorXpo). The only reason they are a different color than the cars being displayed on the 10th and 18th fairway is that they enter and exit from a different location. The color is to make it easy for our traffic volunteers to know if the car is in the correct location.

Yellow passes are definitely overflow. There will be a display of Camaros (for the 50th anniversary), a couple of Lamborghini, Z cars (infront of the Nismo display), Panteras, a couple Qvale Mangustas, Mustangs and others on MotorXpo. More relevant to this forum, the Porsches will be on fairway 18 in front of the Porsche corporate display.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:21 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Saturday is the Cars & Coffee at the Concours from 9am til 1pm which is free to attend. After Cars & Coffee we clear the field and load in some cars for Sunday's Concours. Unfortunately, due to liability concerns and the large crowds we have to remove spectators during the load in; however, you can see these great cars on Sunday. You can also catch a glimpse of them driving in if you are between the Golf Club and Ritz.
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-24-2017, 10:34 AM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The show cars go on the field from Saturday to show opening. The service drive to the north of the Ritz entrance is a good vantage point to see them arriving on Sunday morning. I've been there before daybreak watching the parade and listening to the exhaust notes except for the Stanley's of course.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:18 AM
pinmaniac
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
The show cars go on the field from Saturday to show opening. The service drive to the north of the Ritz entrance is a good vantage point to see them arriving on Sunday morning. I've been there before daybreak watching the parade and listening to the exhaust notes except for the Stanley's of course.

This is good advice. The Concours show cars start loading (about 20-40% of the total) on Saturday afternoon after Cars & Coffee. Viewing can be done at the location mentioned above.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:58 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

I'm about halfway done with processing photos of the Werks event so I figured it was good time to share it.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskSevLAy

Quick Reply: 2017 Porsche Werks Reunion East coast