Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

New Launch - Rollbar for GT4 by CompetitionMotorsport

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 09:56 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 500 Likes on 259 Posts

did you tighten the rear kickers all the way? let them loose and align/tighten the interlocking joints before tightening the kickers. You should be able to reduce the joint quite easily before tightening them.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:08 AM
Al3x-666
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not titghten ... I will try to loose them a little bit more.

the interlock are rubbing together and I think they can’t move more.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:21 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Al3x-666
Not titghten ... I will try to loose them a little bit more.

the interlock are rubbing together and I think they can’t move more.
On one side it was a perfect fit on the other side I had to wrestle them in a bit... do you have a rubber mallet? Make sure they are aligned and try giving them a few gentle hit. It should fit... patience!
Old 10-15-2020, 01:44 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kart125
On one side it was a perfect fit on the other side I had to wrestle them in a bit... do you have a rubber mallet? Make sure they are aligned and try giving them a few gentle hit. It should fit... patience!
If one side is aligned and the other side is not, you can also use a Phillips-head screwdriver or punch/drift inserted into one of the holes in the non-aligned joint to lever it into alignment, put one Allen bolt in to keep it aligned, then remove the lever and put the other Allen bolt in. As was said earlier, placing the nuts on top and tightening the Allen bolts from below is much easier. The nuts are kept from turning by the slot you're "dropping" them into on the top of the joint. Hope that helps, but if you're still having difficulty don't hesitate to reach out to us at (844) 438-7244.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:53 PM
kart125
Burning Brakes

So did you manage to get it installed Alex?
Old 10-25-2020, 12:52 PM
Al3x-666
AutoX

Originally Posted by kart125
So did you manage to get it installed Alex?
yes the raceshop have taken care of it!

8h of labor to try to fit it.

but I’m a little bit disappointed with the fact : the seats keep the full travel adjustment... completely false. I’m 6’2” and I loose almost 6” of seats travel.. Now I’m very close the steering wheel but the look is very nice after all. LulZ

Last edited by Al3x-666; 10-25-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:06 PM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Al3x-666
yes the raceshop have taken care of it!

8h of labor to try to fit it.

but I’m a little bit disappointed with the fact : the seats keep the full travel adjustment... completely false. I’m 6’2” and I loose almost 6” of seats travel.. Now I’m very close the steering wheel but the look is very nice after all. LulZ

sure looks nice! I like to drive close to wheel and am 5’9 so havent noticed about seat travel. Will check for sure when I get in car. I have bucket seats so might be different.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:22 PM
SM04
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone else with fitment issues?

I am having fitment issues with the CMS rollbar on my 2021 GT4 with OEM LWBS. I am not able to get full seat travel as CMS claims on their web site. The bar seems to be further forward than it should be even though the rollbar is fully seated in its mounting location. Below are some photos comparing my installation to a photo on the CMS web site:

My car

CME web site image

Additional photos of my installation showing the gap between the rollbar and the carpet on the firewall:

I see Al3x-666 is having similar issues, but with different seats.

CMS claims that they have not heard of this from other customers. They think something may have changed with the 2021 model and/or something is different with my particular car. They have offered to refund the purchase price if I return the roll bar, but otherwise have not been able to diagnose what is wrong. I like the product and would prefer to resolve the issue rather than return it.

Curious if others are having issues with seat travel in a 2021 GT4 with LWBS and the CMS rollbar.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:00 AM
Al3x-666
AutoX

Originally Posted by SM04
I am having fitment issues with the CMS rollbar on my 2021 GT4 with OEM LWBS. I am not able to get full seat travel as CMS claims on their web site. The bar seems to be further forward than it should be even though the rollbar is fully seated in its mounting location. Below are some photos comparing my installation to a photo on the CMS web site:

My car

CME web site image

Additional photos of my installation showing the gap between the rollbar and the carpet on the firewall:

I see Al3x-666 is having similar issues, but with different seats.

CMS claims that they have not heard of this from other customers. They think something may have changed with the 2021 model and/or something is different with my particular car. They have offered to refund the purchase price if I return the roll bar, but otherwise have not been able to diagnose what is wrong. I like the product and would prefer to resolve the issue rather than return it.

Curious if others are having issues with seat travel in a 2021 GT4 with LWBS and the CMS rollbar.
same ****ing problem right there... they are liar... I lost a lot of seat travel and I’m 6’2”... I’m now inconfortable to drive my car... but the cage + powdercoat + shop installation because of poor fitting were so expensive I keeping it for now

but always thinking to remove it...
Old 05-11-2021, 02:20 AM
SM04
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious if anyone has the CMS rollbar installed:
  • with OEM LWBS
  • no slider or seat tilt modifications
  • exhibiting no seat contact with rollbar (with the seat in the rear-most position)
Old 05-11-2021, 02:37 PM
suterusu
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I did lose seat travel in my car, but I have seat tilt mod from DbJ. Looking at it, without the seat mod, I still would have lost a bit of travel.

Quick Reply: New Launch - Rollbar for GT4 by CompetitionMotorsport