Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

XPEL Stealth?

Old 01-12-2016, 09:12 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XPEL Stealth?

My build locks in a week and I'm having trouble deciding on color.

I currently have GT Silver spec'd. I was planning on doing partial XPEL Ultimate (front bumper, hood, front fenders, etc) and Modesta, cQuartz or similar. But I recently saw some pictures of XPEL stealth on other cars and it looked pretty good. I'm now thinking of going down that route. If I do, I think it would defeat the purpose of paying $2600 for GT Silver, and just go for basic white as I've always like matte white.

The cost of GT Silver + partial Xpel ultimate + Modesta is about equal to white + full Xpel stealth.

Is anyone familiar with XPEL Stealth? How does it look in person? How well does it hold up? And lastly, am I an idiot for considering doing matte on a GT4? Be honest...my feelings won't be hurt.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

I think your reasoning is very sound.

Xpel Stealth is pretty cool stuff. If that also comes with a 10 year warranty you will be fine
Old 01-13-2016, 01:41 AM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

I saw a GT Silver 991 GT3 RS wrapped in Xpel Stealth and it looked stunning.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:54 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Here are a few picks on black (this is a Suntek product). Super cool. I was quoted $6500 (two different installers). Is that consistent with what you are being told?

I'm not sure I could spring for the $6500.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:46 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
I saw a GT Silver 991 GT3 RS wrapped in Xpel Stealth and it looked stunning.
Hey, that wasn't one of the options! J/k...but now you have me considering that...grrr
Old 01-13-2016, 02:50 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Here are a few picks on black (this is a Suntek product). Super cool. I was quoted $6500 (two different installers). Is that consistent with what you are being told?

I'm not sure I could spring for the $6500.
I didn't know Suntek has a matte version as well. From what I've read, most pay around $5000-$6000 for xpel stealth. I haven't received any quotes yet but figured I can find something in the lower end of the range if I tried hard enough.

I still have a hard time justifying it, but considering I would pay about $2500-3000 for a partial wrap plus modesta, this is only an extra $2500-3000 and I would have the entire car wrapped.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:09 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
I didn't know Suntek has a matte version as well. From what I've read, most pay around $5000-$6000 for xpel stealth. I haven't received any quotes yet but figured I can find something in the lower end of the range if I tried hard enough.

I still have a hard time justifying it, but considering I would pay about $2500-3000 for a partial wrap plus modesta, this is only an extra $2500-3000 and I would have the entire car wrapped.
Pretty sure that's a Suntek product but I can double check.

I'm getting quotes for about $6k for a full wrap and an extra $500 for the matte film. I might be able to negotiate this down a bit but it's still more than I'm likely willing to pay...
Old 01-13-2016, 10:41 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
My build locks in a week and I'm having trouble deciding on color.

I currently have GT Silver spec'd. I was planning on doing partial XPEL Ultimate (front bumper, hood, front fenders, etc) and Modesta, cQuartz or similar. But I recently saw some pictures of XPEL stealth on other cars and it looked pretty good. I'm now thinking of going down that route. If I do, I think it would defeat the purpose of paying $2600 for GT Silver, and just go for basic white as I've always like matte white.

The cost of GT Silver + partial Xpel ultimate + Modesta is about equal to white + full Xpel stealth.

Is anyone familiar with XPEL Stealth? How does it look in person? How well does it hold up? And lastly, am I an idiot for considering doing matte on a GT4? Be honest...my feelings won't be hurt.

Congrats on the new car! STEALTH has been a very popular option as of late. We've done quite a few Porsche's and GTR's in our STEALTH film here in San Antonio. If you want to check out how they look click: XPEL Motoroso

It holds up very well, its self-healing (meaning from swirl marks, fine scratches and more) and is warrantied for 10 years. Meaning if it turns yellow, peels, delaminates, stains, cracks, its covered for 10 years. So if you ever have any problems, were here on the forums, or our support team is always available.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:04 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 224 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL Technologies
Congrats on the new car! STEALTH has been a very popular option as of late. We've done quite a few Porsche's and GTR's in our STEALTH film here in San Antonio. If you want to check out how they look click: XPEL Motoroso

It holds up very well, its self-healing (meaning from swirl marks, fine scratches and more) and is warrantied for 10 years. Meaning if it turns yellow, peels, delaminates, stains, cracks, its covered for 10 years. So if you ever have any problems, were here on the forums, or our support team is always available.
Does the 10 year warranty also include labor costs to replace the film should any warranty work arise?

Thanks,
Old 01-13-2016, 04:09 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Does the 10 year warranty also include labor costs to replace the film should any warranty work arise?

Thanks,
Yes our warranty includes both film and labor.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:15 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 224 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL Technologies
Yes our warranty includes both film and labor.
thank you! XPEL it is!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:16 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Thanks XPEL. One thing I care about is the consistency of the matte color throughout the car. Do you know how susceptible to discoloration or, for a lack of a better term, smearing of the color the Stealth product is?
Old 01-14-2016, 12:39 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 233 Posts

As reference, here is a photo of a white GT3 from this summer at LRP. It looks like Xpel Stealth to me and the owner seems to be on RL as well (sticker). I don't know the owner, I just saw the car in the Porsche Corral. I might have more photos but I would have to check my archives.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:59 PM
sliollio
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Xpel Ultimate on my GT Silver as well as C-Quartz! Love it and very easy to clean
Old 01-14-2016, 06:35 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sliollio
I have Xpel Ultimate on my GT Silver as well as C-Quartz! Love it and very easy to clean
Brings up another topic...cquartz. I got cquartz a month ago on my wife's Macan. So far I'm not impressed. We've gotten scratches quite easily. For example, i lightly rubbed against the car when getting out of our other car in the garage, and noticed some fine scratches. Is this normal?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XPEL Stealth?