Views: 751
Size:  1.00 MBName:  photo305.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  1.17 MBName:  photo463.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  1.02 MBName:  photo33.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  1.01 MB

Need more time to drive. 2k miles can't come fast enough.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

The lines on the body of this car with the black contrast is just phenomenal looking. I have been struggling between CR and JMB but now your photos have convinced my that JMB will hide some of those incredible lines and CR may be my number 1 choice for me now.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:03 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Sweet commute!
-Wow that's a lot of smog!
Old 01-12-2016, 06:29 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

Thanks bk_911, big fan and future owner of white with stock wheels, that brings my count of saved pictures of your GT4 to 13.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:40 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
Thanks bk_911, big fan and future owner of white with stock wheels, that brings my count of saved pictures of your GT4 to 13.
:-) Im glad I can provide.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:46 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 104 Posts

Did another commute today. I think it's the first time I've had a bone dry 9+35 and 0 traffic. No cockblocking! This car is amazing. I can't say enough good things about it.

Coming from exclusively front-engined rwd, awd, and fwd cars I must say the GT4 has such a different feel to it. The weight transfer is much different, and the car is super precise. I've never had a car that corners this flat, but at the same time has enough compliance in the suspension to not be crashy. I finally got to a point in a few corners where I felt it could push if I added a bit more throttle. But I must say even at that limit every other car I've owned has understeered way before this car does. The steering too is the most communicative I've owned as well. I can only imagine how good the steering is in the GT3, it must be amazing.

The other thing I noticed is that if you don't look at your speedo you're suddenly doing 90. It doesn't feel like you're going that fast because the car just is built for it. Truly amazing car. Maybe these cars won't be classic like 997 GT3s, but they certainly will be sought after in the future.

The tires just hook up like crazy (Cup 2s), and the brakes are awesome. I noticed the brakes seem to get better as they warm up too.

I can't ever see a world where I would want to change anything about the intake and exhaust system even if it is for more power. Porsche nailed the exhaust note. It's just right.

This car is definitely a gateway drug to the brand. I can't stop looking at GT3 listings now. The good news is that I don't have the garage space and my wife would kill me so that will save me some money. (Don't ask me how much I want that silver/orange .1 GT3RS in houston) I also want a 997.2 GTS for a DD haha. I need a new job to finance this insanity.

For now the GT4 scratches the itch. I love it.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:00 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

trying to delete post

Last edited by TONY AIR C2S; 02-23-2016 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Wrong post site
Old 02-23-2016, 09:01 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bk_911
Coming from exclusively front-engined rwd, awd, and fwd cars I must say the GT4 has such a different feel to it. The weight transfer is much different, and the car is super precise. I've never had a car that corners this flat, but at the same time has enough compliance in the suspension to not be crashy. I finally got to a point in a few corners where I felt it could push if I added a bit more throttle. But I must say even at that limit every other car I've owned has understeered way before this car does. The steering too is the most communicative I've owned as well. I can only imagine how good the steering is in the GT3, it must be amazing.

The other thing I noticed is that if you don't look at your speedo you're suddenly doing 90. It doesn't feel like you're going that fast because the car just is built for it. Truly amazing car. Maybe these cars won't be classic like 997 GT3s, but they certainly will be sought after in the future.

The tires just hook up like crazy (Cup 2s), and the brakes are awesome. I noticed the brakes seem to get better as they warm up too.

I can't ever see a world where I would want to change anything about the intake and exhaust system even if it is for more power. Porsche nailed the exhaust note. It's just right.

This car is definitely a gateway drug to the brand. I can't stop looking at GT3 listings now. The good news is that I don't have the garage space and my wife would kill me so that will save me some money. (Don't ask me how much I want that silver/orange .1 GT3RS in houston) I also want a 997.2 GTS for a DD haha. I need a new job to finance this insanity.

For now the GT4 scratches the itch. I love it.
I agree completely. I was surprised at just how unfamiliar the car felt when I first started to push it compared to my M3, but I'm quickly adapting to it and really liking it. As for the steering, I can't compare them, but plenty of people who have tried both a 991 GT3 and a GT4 have said that the GT4's steering is better than the GT3's, I suppose because they had some extra time to continue fine-tuning it? AP said in the Evo that it uses the same hardware as the GT3 (Spyder uses the Turbo's hardware) and the same software except with some revisions to take into account that mid-engine cars have different "dynamic boundary conditions", whatever that means (maybe a German concept that doesn't translate to English literally well?), but I would bet that they also just improved their secret sauce. We'll see when the 991.2 GT3's steering is evaluated, I guess.

Totally agreed on doing 90 without even realizing it, and that's made me realize just how much I relied on being able to gauge speed by engine sound and knowledge of the current gear in my M3. I need to develop that fast with the GT4 to avoid a massive ticket or worse.... Also agreed on sound and power. While I wouldn't mind better power delivery on the top end, I don't think it bothers me enough to want to start "fixing" something that's so close to perfection already.

Nice commute by the way! We've got some nice twisty roads out here in Hill Country, but sadly none that are really on my way to anywhere useful -- not that I have any problem whatsoever going out on those roads just for the sake of going out on them!
Old 02-23-2016, 09:05 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

I am coming from a 991 GT3. The steering is slightly better in the GT4. The GT3 is freakin blazing fast which is addictive but no Manual and feels big on the inside but still drives small -but less intimate. Also, you just can not jump in it and drive it to the limits w/o a little practice where as the GT4 is easier to drive fast.- my opinion
Old 02-24-2016, 10:59 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 303 Posts

I did Ben Lomand to San Carlos and back daily for 13 years in the late 70 - 80s. It seemed kind of strange to drive it again on purpose for fun when I first got the Cayman R.

How about some shots of 9 at night, raining like a M-Fker or 35 first thing in the morning with 3" of snow? Those times were always good for a car control refresher!

Steering is so different in the GT4 vs the CR (especially the way my CR was setup), it feels like there's a rubber shock absorber isolating the wheel from the front driveline.

Quick Reply: This morning's commute