Sponsored by: APR

LWB delayed (again)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Alpha.GT4
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Default LWB delayed (again)

Local dealer tells me PAG issued another warning to dealers here that they cannot accept LWB orders once again on the GT4, and mentioned that the buckets may (again) stop production completely going forward. Well, in fact the salesman showed me the email. That's quite ridiculous IMO.

Pretty sad PAG would have such shortage of buckets and consider cancelling the available options of a vehicle just half way in its production.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has been known on the spyder - all orders after September 11th = no buckets, with an 8 week delay on approved orders.
They grossly underestimated desire for the seats.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:56 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Amazing. They must be saving the rest of the seats for the GT3-RS builds where they're the stock seats on the car.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:06 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ouch! I'm surprised their supplier hasn't been able to ramp up capacity in the last few months. I feel bad for prospective buyers who want them, especially since there isn't even a good way to buy them as parts yet. My build slot was originally supposed to be early November, but I swapped with bbimpreza here who had an early September build because his wasn't PTS-eligible and he wanted PTS, and my slot was PTS-eligible but I wasn't going to get PTS. My car just recently completed production with LWBs, and I know he was planning to get them too, so I hope he doesn't get screwed out of LWBs because of this -- or worst case if he does, I hope he decides that he'd rather have gotten PTS than LWB anyway if it turns out that there wasn't ever a way for him to get both.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^it takes time to just ramp up production. I wish it was that easy! I would hate to be somebody who waited for the LWBS then to get this news. Best of luck to everyone.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:14 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I was in same position and decided PTS wasn't worth it to me so I went with the earlier build. Glad now I did as LWB is THE MOST important option to me for this car.. I stay up at night visualizing the red leather and carbon seats LOL.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:19 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I was in same position and decided PTS wasn't worth it to me so I went with the earlier build. Glad now I did as LWB is THE MOST important option to me for this car.. I stay up at night visualizing the red leather and carbon seats LOL.
Red leather?
Old 10-03-2015, 04:32 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

I feel bad for everyone who wants LWB seats but can't get them. I'm glad that I was able to get them in my car (only reason why I paid extra for the car).
Old 10-03-2015, 04:34 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
Red leather?
Sorry; forgot I was on gt4 forum, waiting on Spyder with LWB.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:17 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

My car is set for an Oct 16th completion date. I hope it won't be delayed.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Alpha.GT4
Racer

Wonder if there is a way to strike a world wide complaint if Porsche AG really pulls the plug on the seats permanently.

To me delays are acceptable, but simply taking out the LWBs completely is pretty absurd. Of course worst case is to spec the car with sport buckets initially and buy the LWBs later if someone's deperate for the car first.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:44 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alpha.GT4
Wonder if there is a way to strike a world wide complaint if Porsche AG really pulls the plug on the seats permanently.

To me delays are acceptable, but simply taking out the LWBs completely is pretty absurd. Of course worst case is to spec the car with sport buckets initially and buy the LWBs later if someone's deperate for the car first.
We still don't have a reasonable way to buy LWBs later. They can only be bought by ordering all of their individual parts right now. I'm not sure what complaining to PAG would accomplish since I bet they're at least as mad as their customers. These seats are likely high-profit items for them and they obviously had a high take rate, so it's not as if they're deciding to stop offering them. It's their supplier people should be annoyed with. But even there, smaller companies typically can't quickly scale up capacity to meet unexpectedly high demand, and the realities of car production mean that accepting delays to meet demand isn't always an option.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:41 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

I'm wondering if this may mean that they are bumping up additional builds of the GT3 and RS so they need all the LWB seats they can get at the expense of GT4 and Spyders.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:47 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm wondering if this may mean that they are bumping up additional builds of the GT3 and RS so they need all the LWB seats they can get at the expense of GT4 and Spyders.
I'd be shocked if there will be more customer spec GT3's in the pipeline but the second (and final?) allocation cycle of the GT3-RS will certainly eat up the bulk of the LWB supplies I would think. The entire situation was/is such a mess for GT4 and Spyder buyers.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:31 AM
Alpha.GT4
Racer

It's sad Porsche AG did not find another supplier then

Also, PAG should offer some form of retrofit option for customers who intended to order these LWB. I can understand there are supply constraints, but there are certainly things PAG can do rather than just say "sorry you can't order." I do expect some level of effort from their end.

If they tell me i need to pay a slight premium 1 year later to have these seats retrofitted? Sure. I just find it totally ridiculous that a delay in supply means one of the key features of the car is gone.

If the seats are a 8K USD option (in where I live), and they say ... Ok. I need to pay 10K instead later when they stock them up and I have first priority given I actually am getting a GT4 but seats were not offered initially? That's acceptable.

Quick Reply: LWB delayed (again)