Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Australian GT4s

I was wondering what information people have with respect to GT4s in Australia?

When I first ordered, I heard there were originally only 30 allocated to Australia and I was number 70 something on the list. I think due to the LWB issue I was bumped up the list, but I never heard confirmation of how many are coming in to the country.

I have an Agate Grey one arriving in a few weeks (in Melbourne). Who else is getting one? With what specs and when does it arrive?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:57 AM
cp993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I sent you a PM last week but the message system doesn't seem to alert so you probably haven't seen it.
I was also told 30 cars which may have become 32 ish but not much more than that I believe. I originally ordered with LWB's but after sitting in my friends RS4.0 found they didn't suit me so changed to 18ways. had I done that at the start I probably would have got mine sooner. At this stage its an October build so probably December delivery.
PM me and i will give you my contact details.
Cheers
Chris
Old 09-02-2015, 01:45 AM
IMOA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a sapphire blue with the LWB's in Sydney. Tried out the seats in an RS at goodwood and I was very happy with them. Delivery should be in November but the service I've received so far is somewhere between mediocre and pisspoor so I'm not exactly sure when it's coming.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:51 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sapphire blue in Melbourne (Club Sport pack). Like Chris mine is due for an October build.

I'd heard originally the allocation was 10 per dealership which makes it a lot more than 30 in total.

Presuming you other guys aren't on PFA already (Bardman + IMOA), plus the 2 other mates I know with orders that makes 7 known orders already which suggests the "30 only" is unlikely.

One of my mates was #1 apparently and by all accounts his ship docked on the weekend so we should see it soon - but his was the only one we knew of that wasn't slated for an October build.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:55 AM
cp993
Advanced

Originally Posted by IMOA
I'm a sapphire blue with the LWB's in Sydney. Tried out the seats in an RS at goodwood and I was very happy with them. Delivery should be in November but the service I've received so far is somewhere between mediocre and pisspoor so I'm not exactly sure when it's coming.
I think part of the problem is nobody really knows very much so they don't quite know what to say to us. Been reading that most of the northern hemisphere cars seem to be several weeks earlier than promised of late which might mean ours are produced a bit earlier than we have been told as well... I have stopped asking now and are just waiting til they tell me its made and on its way

Cheers
Chris
Old 09-02-2015, 04:31 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cp993
Hi, I sent you a PM last week but the message system doesn't seem to alert so you probably haven't seen it.
I was also told 30 cars which may have become 32 ish but not much more than that I believe. I originally ordered with LWB's but after sitting in my friends RS4.0 found they didn't suit me so changed to 18ways. had I done that at the start I probably would have got mine sooner. At this stage its an October build so probably December delivery.
PM me and i will give you my contact details.
Cheers
Chris
Ok, great, I'll send you a PM.

Originally Posted by Snowman.
I'm sapphire blue in Melbourne (Club Sport pack). Like Chris mine is due for an October build.

I'd heard originally the allocation was 10 per dealership which makes it a lot more than 30 in total.

Presuming you other guys aren't on PFA already (Bardman + IMOA), plus the 2 other mates I know with orders that makes 7 known orders already which suggests the "30 only" is unlikely.

One of my mates was #1 apparently and by all accounts his ship docked on the weekend so we should see it soon - but his was the only one we knew of that wasn't slated for an October build.
What is PFA? I agree there have to be more than 30, otherwise I dont think I would have gotten a car.

Originally Posted by cp993
I think part of the problem is nobody really knows very much so they don't quite know what to say to us. Been reading that most of the northern hemisphere cars seem to be several weeks earlier than promised of late which might mean ours are produced a bit earlier than we have been told as well... I have stopped asking now and are just waiting til they tell me its made and on its way

Cheers
Chris
I'm a bit surprised that you dont have firm dates yet. I was quoted a date some time ago, and its pretty much coming in exactly when they said. I'm coming through Porsche Centre Brighton, which is a pretty small dealer and I find smaller dealers are in general better for service. I had a poor experience with Melbourne many years ago, so would not be that surprised if they are not that helpful.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:56 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry - PFA = http://porscheforum.com.au/

I'm also through Brighton. At this stage I just know I have an Oct build but they don't know an exact delivery yet given the Xmas shipping period issues.

That said I haven't spoken to Richard for a month or so - might be time to go in for a coffee and an update.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:21 AM
cp993
Advanced

I couldn't get anyone at Brighton to show any interest in selling me a car. 3 times I went there and nobody was interested. Even when I pulled up in my 993 C2S in front of 3 sales people. They just kept talking amongst themselves so after 20 minutes I left. Was close to writing to the dealer principle but never bothered in the end.....

So we should all get together and have a coffee and chat at some stage. Hoping to get a sneak peek of one over the weekend so if it comes to pass perhaps we could meet at PCM...
Cheers
Chris
Old 09-02-2015, 05:56 AM
roders
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Hi,
Over here in Perth with a confirmed order for the 2nd delivery to PCP.
Sapphire Blue with LWB
Old 09-02-2015, 05:58 AM
cp993
Advanced

When was yours due to arrive Rod?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:51 AM
roders
Advanced

Happy Days.....
Just got back from night at PCP and looks like I got me a build week
WA got 1x of the first allocations so there is one arriving for delivery this week.
Then a gap to build week 44 for me.....with LWB's!!!
Going to be a happy xmas. https://rennlist.com/forums/graemlins/burnout.gif
Old 09-02-2015, 07:00 PM
cp993
Advanced

Sensational news Rod. Thats terrific. Hope I get some more clarity soon too. So you will get to see one this week, thats awesome. I am hoping we get the same here. if not this week then next i think...
Old 09-18-2015, 04:00 AM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Hello All!
Not a Lurker anymore. Running in my new Carmine Red GT4.

Living the dream...
Old 09-18-2015, 04:02 AM
cp993
Advanced

Hi Gazz, a very big congratulations. I believe yours may have been Number 1 delivery so a bit of history that no one can take away. Carmine would look great, well done

Chris
The following users liked this post:
Charliekay (04-19-2020)
Old 09-18-2015, 04:16 AM
roders
Advanced

Hi Gazz,

Big congrats, looks like its going to be a nice fine weekend this weekend too
GEEETEE4

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s