Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just PMd you my data
Old 08-08-2015, 05:18 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,096 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
Holy GT4's! Did you capture all of these in the database by chance?

My GT4 is coming from that dealer that I'm buying from the 918 owner but it's not the white one in the picture since the one that I'm buying has steel rotors. The sales manager hasn't replied to the status check on the car that I sent on Tuesday.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:50 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki
Also I ran across my fist Rhodium Silver Metallic GT4. Can't believe I had not noticed the absence of this color in the breakdown. So now, Rhodium Silver is officially the rarest color in the entire database.
Post 10:

Originally Posted by sportscentury
No rhodium, wow. Folks who ordered rhodium are in for a treat.
Also, anyone interested in seeing the brilliance and pop of rhodium on the GT4:

Old 08-08-2015, 12:14 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Post 10:
Haha! nice catch. Somehow I didn't even see that post at the time. I find it funny that the color is so rare. When I went to look for a GT silver car at dealerships I had a very hard time finding one, but ran across multiple examples of Rhodium at nearly every dealership I visited.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:16 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sliollio
Just PMd you my data
Thanks!

Keep 'em coming! the registry is now up to 132 GT4's!

Next stop 200, or 1/3 of all North American GT4's in existence.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:38 PM
Elkhunter
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you my data as well.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:24 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Haha! nice catch. Somehow I didn't even see that post at the time. I find it funny that the color is so rare. When I went to look for a GT silver car at dealerships I had a very hard time finding one, but ran across multiple examples of Rhodium at nearly every dealership I visited.
It was an easy catch since I authored it.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the data/updates.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:04 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Data sent via PM - Nice to see the information base growing
Old 08-10-2015, 04:03 PM
mm1
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

PM'd you.

My Jet Black GT4 arrives very soon. On the transport truck from RI to Buffalo. Then I have to drive up to get it from Pittsburgh.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:28 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

So I just got a few additions to the database of cars either recently arrived or not yet arrived.

Interestingly, to me anyway, they are not higher VIN numbers sequentially than I have already seen. That tells me regardless of the order they were built they are not shipping in any semblance of numerical order.

Why does that matter? Well, I had sort of assumed the first 600 North American cars had already been built and delivered (given that I have seen VIN in the high 580's) and that new cars arriving would be 600+. I had assumed the big gaps in my database were simply cars that had been sold that I had never seen.

Of course I don't know what it all really means but the bottom line is I have yet to see a car beyond the orig 600 allocation. It will be interesting to see what these September, October and November cars tell us.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:48 PM
paulmotor
Rennlist Member

You probably won't see any PTS cars for a while - I had to delete sport bucket sea option to get it in time for summer. PTS would have pushed my order to winter delivery... Drove for the first time last Friday - People can't believe how cheap it was when they see how exotic it looks.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:54 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 246 Posts

Interestingly, to me anyway, they are not higher VIN numbers sequentially than I have already seen. That tells me regardless of the order they were built they are not shipping in any semblance of numerical order.
This is just a theory but it would seem possible that the LWB issue is driving some of this confusion. I was also a believer that there were 600 original allocation which corresponded to deliveries through 2015. The LWB shortage definitely caused a huge shuffle in production timing for allocations. Many people got pushed out and many got pulled in. It is even possible that when an allocation is given it is immediately tied to the serial number in the Porsche system. I think that PCNA were holding small batches from the original 600 to use for for the monthly sales challenges. Then when the LWB shortage happened there was a push to give those out to new buyers with a stipulation of no-LWB and could explain the long dry spell in allocations. BTW, I am super happy with my non-LWB allocation!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:14 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sonorous
This is just a theory but it would seem possible that the LWB issue is driving some of this confusion. I was also a believer that there were 600 original allocation which corresponded to deliveries through 2015. The LWB shortage definitely caused a huge shuffle in production timing for allocations. Many people got pushed out and many got pulled in. It is even possible that when an allocation is given it is immediately tied to the serial number in the Porsche system. I think that PCNA were holding small batches from the original 600 to use for for the monthly sales challenges. Then when the LWB shortage happened there was a push to give those out to new buyers with a stipulation of no-LWB and could explain the long dry spell in allocations. BTW, I am super happy with my non-LWB allocation!
I do not know what it means, but so far I have not seen an LWB car with a VIN over 197275.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:12 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Just PM'd you my info. Thanks for doing this.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

A public 'thanks' for taking this very interesting project on. I sent my info over also.

Quick Reply: GT4 Database