Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Database

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 01:05 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki
I finally got 100 cars in my database. so 1/6th of all North America GT4's. Maybe.

Here is the color breakdown of those cars. Actually 101 in this case. I have a total of 107 VIN's but don't have colors for every single one.
Thanks so much for doing this. You rock! Please keep it updated.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:21 AM
Type901
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
Thanks so much for doing this. You rock! Please keep it updated.
I second that. This is awesome. Let's hope gmaki's database eventually gets to 1,200 cars.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:49 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be awesome. I think the best way to get more cars in would be to make the sheet visible to the public.

Still not sure how people would feel about a list of of VIN's though so please share your thoughts.

The idea would be to make the sheet visible to anyone who has the link, but not editable.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:52 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't you see a VIN on any car out on the street or in a dealer lot just like you see a 100 license plates a day? Aren't VINs all over every internet for sale ad and dealer website?
Old 08-05-2015, 09:11 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jenner
Can't you see a VIN on any car out on the street or in a dealer lot just like you see a 100 license plates a day? Aren't VINs all over every internet for sale ad and dealer website?
Yes you can. I don't think there is much of a problem but I just didn't want to post people's VINs online without at least making sure there is no issue.

For the record when I get mine I won't mind putting my VIN on the list and public either.

If the consensus is "no problem" I will definitely put it online.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:21 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki
Still not sure how people would feel about a list of of VIN's though so please share your thoughts.
I provided my VIN via PM and I would not have any issue w/ it being shared but some people can be more paranoid. As a suggestion, can you strip out the last 5 or so digits of the VIN's you get and just include those in your shared sheet? That way everyone can view and speculate on the serialization without having full VIN's published. Just a suggestion...
Old 08-05-2015, 01:59 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

OK, Here is the link to my "abridged" GT4 Registry Google doc.

I believe that anyone using the link should be able to view, but not edit the document. This is actually just a copy of the original with some identifying information removed (like the actual VIN# and names of owners).

Feel free to browse and let me know what you think, suggest additions, and of course submit your car to be added!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...q_c/edit#gid=0
Old 08-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

I sat in ID 51 and got to hear the exhaust note (ZOMG!) before it was delivered, it should have been mine, but was bumped up since mine was delayed due to LWB.

Line 52 ID 51 is White, Porsche of Wallingford, partial leather, standard stitch(grey?), steel brakes
Line 111 ID 110 should be changed to Porsche of Wallingford (multiple dealerships in CT owned by Euro Performance car)

Also there is a 3rd one coming into Porsche of Wallingford in November but I can't recall the exact color it's one of the silvers I think it is Rhodium.

Also where are the two white ones that are the 918 allocations at Manhattan Motorcars?
One is white, partial leather, standard stitch, steel brakes NOT LWB
Old 08-05-2015, 03:50 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

I sat in ID 51 and got to hear the exhaust note (ZOMG!) before it was delivered, it should have been mine, but was bumped up since mine was delayed due to LWB.

Line 52 ID 51 is White, Porsche of Wallingford, partial leather, standard stitch(grey?), steel brakes
Line 111 ID 110 should be changed to Porsche of Wallingford (multiple dealerships in CT owned by Euro Performance car)

Also there is a 3rd one coming into Porsche of Wallingford in November but I can't recall the exact color it's one of the silvers I think it is Rhodium.

Also where are the two white ones that are the 918 allocations at Manhattan Motorcars?
One is white, partial leather, standard stitch, steel brakes NOT LWB
Thanks!

I updated 51. As far as Partial Leather I made the assumption that all Partial leather cars have grey stitching. Is that a good assumption? I realize now it may not be.

Updated 110 as well.

As far as Manhattan Motorcars it does not look like there is any info on the web. If there is give me a link and I will add them. It is a little tricky to add cars without a VIN as it leaves the possibility of duplicating them.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Yes all partial leather = "Platinum Grey" stitch I just wasn't sure if "platinum" and "grey" were the same thing. Leave it to Porsche to make grey sound better by calling it platinum!

110 is mine so no worries about duplicating I'll get you the VIN as soon as I have it

Good point on the Manhattan Motorcars, cars. I know one of them has been posted here already on Rennlist and the other one I know from Wheelwell.com I'll see if I can find more info about them, but I am guessing they aren't going into the dealers automated posting systems since they are A) already sold and B) couldn't be sold for 6 months anyways.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:32 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Yes all partial leather = "Platinum Grey" stitch I just wasn't sure if "platinum" and "grey" were the same thing. Leave it to Porsche to make grey sound better by calling it platinum!

110 is mine so no worries about duplicating I'll get you the VIN as soon as I have it

Good point on the Manhattan Motorcars, cars. I know one of them has been posted here already on Rennlist and the other one I know from Wheelwell.com I'll see if I can find more info about them, but I am guessing they aren't going into the dealers automated posting systems since they are A) already sold and B) couldn't be sold for 6 months anyways.
FYI Manhattan Motorcars has 2 identical white cars sold and in storage waiting for the 6 month VIP window to pass. I got up close to them but did not capture the VIN's (and one was covered). I don't remember all the specs but they have 2-way seats, platinum stitching and red brakes.

The other that we know when through MMC is zmon's DBM car: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8866...eedsaname.html
Old 08-05-2015, 04:34 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

OK good, glad to hear I was on track about the stitching. Sad to say I was unclear about exactly what Full and Partial Leather and contrasting stitching amounted to even while I was configuring my own build. I just knew red contrasting stitching sounded cool and I needed full leather to get it.

And yes I have made two exceptions to Rennlisters on my "must have VIN" policy because I know I will probably get the VIN's and I can keep track of one or two cars without VIN's. But the more I do that the better the chance I will lose track and possibly end up double counting.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
FYI Manhattan Motorcars has 2 identical white cars sold and in storage waiting for the 6 month VIP window to pass. I got up close to them but did not capture the VIN's (and one was covered). I don't remember all the specs but they have 2-way seats, platinum stitching and red brakes.

The other that we know when through MMC is zmon's DBM car: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8866...eedsaname.html
I know some of the Canadians that have been waiting a month for their cars after arriving on Canadian soil, are just about climbing the walls, can you imagine buying a car it's waiting for you just down the street and having to wait 6 months to drive it. Yikes.
Those gents must have lots of patience.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:10 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Holy GT4's! Did you capture all of these in the database by chance?

Old 08-05-2015, 05:59 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sonorous
Holy GT4's! Did you capture all of these in the database by chance?

It looks like I have. I actually have 6 cars from "The Porsche Exchange" in the database. Without actually comparing VIN against VIN it is impossible to say with absolute certainty but it is a pretty good bet theses are the same cars.

Quick Reply: GT4 Database