Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Texas GT4s--any other cars on the boat leaving Germany 7/17, arriving Houston 8/7?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 10:54 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Texas GT4s--any other cars on the boat leaving Germany 7/17, arriving Houston 8/7?

Or anybody else living near Texas have their car on this boat? I want to break the car in quickly. Group drives or meetings would be fun. Anyone interested? My car is being purchased in Dallas. I live in East Texas.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:28 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by fishing
Or anybody else living near Texas have their car on this boat? I want to break the car in quickly. Group drives or meetings would be fun. Anyone interested? My car is being purchased in Dallas. I live in East Texas.
I'm in if my car ever makes it on a boat. Last I heard from my SA nothing and it's been sitting three weeks. Does yours show assigned to the Hoegh Bangkok in the tracking?
Old 07-13-2015, 11:42 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Mike, That stinks. I can't believe it is just sitting. My SA only gave me these dates, my car's VIN, the departure date and estimated arrival. My car is finished. I will contact him Saturday to see if it made it on the boat.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:56 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 274 Posts

Mike, That stinks. I can't believe it is just sitting. My SA only gave me these dates, my car's VIN, the departure date and estimated arrival. My car is finished. I will contact him Saturday to see if it made it on the boat.
I hope yours makes it, perhaps my GT4 doesn't want to leave the motherland without a trip or two around the ring first.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:08 AM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by electron mike
I hope yours makes it, perhaps my GT4 doesn't want to leave the motherland without a trip or two around the ring first.
Looks like we may be on the same boat. The sooner they get here the better! Hopefully quiet hurricane season!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 AM
e46mike
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so what kind of drive/meet are you thinking of...my SA said mine was on a boat.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:59 AM
fishing
Burning Brakes

e46, lots of ideas. I just am looking for a fun way to burn the 2,000 recommended break in miles. Drives such as 1. along the Gulf coast to various seafood areas such as Rockport, Port Aransas, Galveston 2. Out east to Louisianna for some cajun food along the bayou 3. Texas microbrewery and/or Honky tonk tour 4. Hill country loop. 5. Trip to the Arkansas Hills, Southeast Oklahoma. We would just have to come up with some ideas and meet up and drive together as much as desired. Some great photo ops too.

I know there is a lot of debate regarding how to break in the car, but I followed the owners manual recommendations with my Cayman R and that car drove perfect and never consumed a drop of oil. Thus, as painful as it sounds, I am going to try to follow the manual's recommendations. I am trying to figure a way to make it more fun.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:15 AM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by electron mike
I'm in if my car ever makes it on a boat. Last I heard from my SA nothing and it's been sitting three weeks. Does yours show assigned to the Hoegh Bangkok in the tracking?
Exactly! My car was completed 7/4 and port date is 8/7, this must be the boat. My SA said he'd give me a vessel once it's seabound but no news yet.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:57 AM
e46mike
Instructor

e46, lots of ideas. I just am looking for a fun way to burn the 2,000 recommended break in miles. Drives such as 1. along the Gulf coast to various seafood areas such as Rockport, Port Aransas, Galveston 2. Out east to Louisianna for some cajun food along the bayou 3. Texas microbrewery and/or Honky tonk tour 4. Hill country loop. 5. Trip to the Arkansas Hills, Southeast Oklahoma. We would just have to come up with some ideas and meet up and drive together as much as desired. Some great photo ops too.

I know there is a lot of debate regarding how to break in the car, but I followed the owners manual recommendations with my Cayman R and that car drove perfect and never consumed a drop of oil. Thus, as painful as it sounds, I am going to try to follow the manual's recommendations. I am trying to figure a way to make it more fun.
I'm game for microbrewery
Old 07-14-2015, 12:10 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Still waiting for my order to lock. Do any of you guys have LWB's spec'd? My sales rep still can't lock my order with LWB.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:21 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
Still waiting for my order to lock. Do any of you guys have LWB's spec'd? My sales rep still can't lock my order with LWB.
Yes... LWB and lock reached. Seems others have as well. Hope all goes smoothly from here on but nothing would surprise me.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:47 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

18 ways for me.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:58 PM
e46mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by drdonger
LWB
Old 07-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

My dealer in Dallas is saying 9/4'ish delivery, so I guess I'm in the next wave of cars to be built and shipped. I'd be up for a group drive, etc. to break the car in quickly, so I can get it out to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:35 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Quikag
My dealer in Dallas is saying 9/4'ish delivery, so I guess I'm in the next wave of cars to be built and shipped. I'd be up for a group drive, etc. to break the car in quickly, so I can get it out to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson.
Yep, hoping no delays for both of us! I have another friend who is expecting a GT4 from Dallas around the time you are.

Quickage, are you a member at MSR-C? I am and I'm there pretty regularly tracking my Formula Mazda. I bet we know some similar track guys. Stop on by Texas Autosports one day when we are both at MSR-C. I'm #25, a red and black Formula Mazda. I plan to go this Sat or Sun, for the morning sessions. I'll be driving in the open wheel group.

Quick Reply: Texas GT4s--any other cars on the boat leaving Germany 7/17, arriving Houston 8/7?